Thread: .177 pellet recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.177 pellet recommendations

Hi, i have just got a second hand Umarex Walther CP88 pistol, and have noticed that occasionally a pellet will not fire (only 7 out of the 8 will fire), I'm guessing that it's because the pellet is getting stuck in the magazine, can anyone recommend pellets that they have used? Thanks.

Andy.

Hi there,

it could be a pellet that is causing it to jam, use wadcutters and ensure all pellets are seated correctly.

It could also be a worn magazine if the gun is second hand, do you have another one to try??

Try marking the magazine whenever you get a misfire, load up fully, and try again. If the misfire happens at the same spot all the time, it's probably the mag.

Thanks for the reply, will give them a go, and going to order a few more magazines anyway ..

I have the same problem with my 92fs, but it seems to happen less often with BSA Elites, they're the middling priced ones, about 5 pounds per tin.

same problem with my 1911, index's only does it about 2's every 24 shots though, pretty sure its a regular problem. i tried replacing the indexing paw but no luck,