Thread: Diana Model 50 nickle plated?

edbear2 Guest

Diana Model 50 nickle plated?

Now I have your attention.......not really, just shiny, I can't believe it is over 2 years since I saw a guy drag this out from under a load of tools and literally throw it to the ground at a local car boot

Anyway, I finally assembled it and shot it today, it has been sitting round for ages, I had stripped the stock,, and now (months later) can't even remember what I have done to it....I think stain and then truoil, It looks a lot different to the factory tinted coating, but the beech had some good grain, so at the time I thought "why not?".

The metalwork was repaired / prepped for bluing, but just have not got round to this, and when I saw the action assembled, I thought I would see how she looked / shot as is, so the finish is bare polished steel.....not exactly all weather, but with care and some oil will be O.K. for now.

Anyway.......a shiny mod 50...I like it personally....nickel plate?...or would that be sacrilege

Oh yes, It was very interesting to shoot.....I had the TX out as well, and in comparison the 50 was a bit tinny and twangy as you would expect, but the trigger is lovely, and rested at ten yards, without touching the sights (I was grouping, not going for the bull), it performed very well, so obviously the rough handling it had suffered when I first saw it has done no harm

Definitely sacrilege. As is the wood stain, no idea how one would go about getting it out which is the first thing I'd want to do
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I think thats a 50m rarer than a plain 50. john
    snarepeg.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Diana Model 50

The "before" pics look better than most of the guns I have Ed. leave it polished and if you ever get sick of it, then you can always get it blued or plated.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Here are a few links to Garvin's excellent Vintage Diana Forum (and one to the VAF):

- A little background information on the 50 M model, and Mr.Driskill adds some further insights.

-Peerless 50M.

-Diana 50M,

-Lastly, three model 50's by way of comparison.

Hope you find it interesting, I did.

If you have already polished it to a mirror finish send £15 to H4H and send me the parts and I'll run them through my tanks next time I'm blueing?

Excellent offer Richard, save the man from himself!!
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

nice rescue

from what you started with,you have done a cracking rescue,go on, finish it right,its a lovely old gun,you have me thinking.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    If you have already polished it to a mirror finish send £15 to H4H and send me the parts and I'll run them through my tanks next time I'm blueing?
    Hi Richard.......Many thanks for the offer, I will have to stock up on ball bearings first if I am going to take it all apart again

seriously though, will give it some thought!

No problem shame to leave it shiny