Thread: venom daystate bullpup

venom daystate bullpup

over the years there have been a few daystate bullpups including the sr92, a few lr90 and huntsman bullpups, a crx and a few mk3 bullpups of varying types. plus offerings from b+m exb+m and keith mepham too.
    i recently aquired a very rare venom daystate huntsman ftr bullpup, of which about 10 were made in 1988.
    31 inch long including a steel venom air stripper/silencer makes it a very pointable gun. the stock was carved and engraved by ivan hancock from walnut. the venom engineeringg that went into the remote linkage has to be seen to be believed. its well over engineered.
    the entire gun has been polished and blued to a beautiful blue by sean at isp to bring the guns quaity up to original.
    the only thing letting it down is the bloody sticker on the side of the intermount, swoon to be remedied by having it engraved. i pick it up tomorrow and ill post pics then.
    how many more venom bullpups are out there on bbs members?

i own one

Hi ,i own one of these bullpups,these are extremely rare and there were two models one i belive fitted with a bsa barrel and the other of which i own fitted with a venom hand lapped walther barrel,you can tell which by the outer diameter size 14.5 mm i think for the hand lapped walther barrel and smaller around 13 mm for the bsa barrel. Mine is superbly accurate and has a preference for air arms field and i have shot some 1/3" inch 5 shot groups at 50 yards wind free,do you have the removable cheekpiece on your one as mine has not? this is probably the rarest gun i will ever own,also i you give tony belas of daystate a call he will tell you all the history etc relating to this gun. That is where i got my info to this as when i saw it for sale it was only something that clicked in my grey matter that i remembered this gun and then tony told me there was a test done on it in one of the airgun mags in 88 and this is where i must have seen it back then as tony told me they were not comercially advertised,and they cost over £600 in 1988! anyway unique gun and i dont think i will ever part with mine.
    Regards Doug

thanks for the info, every bit helps. mine has an 12.5mm or 1/2" barrel just like the daystate barrels of today so as theres no bsa markings on it id be inclined to think mines got the lapped barrel.
    i spoke with tony last week and he said that he asked why venom never fitted a cheek piece and was told "tough shit" by ivan

ive yet to try mine on the range but today looks promising.
    £600 is a lot of money today, never mind in 1988. i guess this is a rarer gun than i thought too.

heres some pics of my gun. the linkage is amazing and must have taken ages to sort out.
    i had it at the range yesterday and it shoots as well as it looks.

Nice Tony!
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Cheekpiece .

howdo , i shoot mostly bullpups in competition and if you do not have a cheekpiece , it would be advisable to get one made if you intend to shoot the rifle . as if you forget to close the bolt for any reason , the blowback could damage your eye quite badly . quite easy to make and fixed on with piano hinge . comfortable too . cheers HOLLY
    PS on the odd occasion i forget to close mine . the blowback lifts the cheekpiece and smacks me in the chops .

ive seen a flap of leather used to rest your cheek on. the standard gun was never fitted with any cheekpiece so im not going to fit one.
    ive also removed the intermonut too as it was a tad too low for me. also it wasnt the original. ive now fitted the original intermount and it shoulders better now. when used with an accucover it gets even easier to shoot consistantly.