Thread: Hw80

Hw80

Afternoon guys

I have an old HW80 from mid 80s, which was my first gun. I realise as the gun has never been serviced, I gather it will be down on power and the blueing has faded. Which comes to my question are they easy to service and change springs and reblue? I have never stripped an airgun so would you guys recommend buying an old one to practice on before attempting it on my pride and joy.

hw80 strip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPdh_nPjF8g
    full hw80 strip down
    contact manchester airguns for the reblue will charge you about 50 pound and will look amazing when finished

Cheers will do. Having watched the clip it looks relatively straight forward or does he just make it look simple?

Very easy rifle to strip, I'd recommend putting a V-mach kit in it for the rebuild
    Regards,
    Dave.

about above

ah yes cant really go wrong with the strip , and plenty of bits for these and loads to do with them ,

as for the re-blu for what it costs send it off and have done however can do a quite a good job with the have-a-go-yourself-stuff but nothing like the proper job ,

I've already got the Dave Hall kit for the gun or would you recommend the Venom kit. I'm wanting to get my gun working correctly. I've ordered a new left handed sporter stock from Lukas Parsley as the original was right handed.

Dave Hall's kit will do the trick nicely. My HW97 was tuned by him. Excellent.

Go sparingly with the grease.

Gun should be a cracker with the kit, reblue and stock.

Good to see another lefthander from Thorpe Bay! I lived there for the first 18 years of my life.