Thread: Which one,OR both?

Which one,OR both?

Hi guys, first post here, so excuse any irregularities. I have the chance to buy 2 old beezers neither of which I have yet seen.
    The serial numbers are as follows. 1) S48153 and 2) 17313.No letters.
    Can you tell me what they are, and what I should expect to pay for them in various conditions please. Thanks

The second appears to be a sixth batch bsa dated 1907 the first a later Standard .22 dated 1930
    As for prices i guess it s all in the condition

Which of these would be the most desirable do you think?

edbear2 Guest
    Hi, as said condition and completeness are everything. If 100% original, complete and in mint condition (very rare).....in the condition the S prefix gun will have clear visible photo etching on the cylinder like this .......then can fetch over £300

Light /normal wear and tear, still complete with maybe a patinated finish and some remaining blue in places then maybe low 200's for the early gun, high 100's for the standard.

Normally brown, fully patinated guns go for around £120-160 (standard) and maybe add £50 to each end of this range for the earlier gun.....this is on here, dealer prices are much higher obviously as they have a living to make and overheads that private sellers do not.

Damage / missing parts (especially sights) really knock the value down, but even a fairly rough one is around the £100 mark if mostly all there.

Any special sights (apertures) and interesting retailers stamps etc. can help. I suggest you have a look at the excellent vintage bsa forum website, where there are several examples of both guns you mention, with comprehensive descriptions and photos, and use this as a reference if you are not familiar with how an original gun will look in your hand.

If possible, try and get some photos on, that will make it far easier