Now I have your attention.......not really, just shiny, I can't believe it is over 2 years since I saw a guy drag this out from under a load of tools and literally throw it to the ground at a local car boot

Anyway, I finally assembled it and shot it today, it has been sitting round for ages, I had stripped the stock,, and now (months later) can't even remember what I have done to it....I think stain and then truoil, It looks a lot different to the factory tinted coating, but the beech had some good grain, so at the time I thought "why not?".

The metalwork was repaired / prepped for bluing, but just have not got round to this, and when I saw the action assembled, I thought I would see how she looked / shot as is, so the finish is bare polished steel.....not exactly all weather, but with care and some oil will be O.K. for now.

Anyway.......a shiny mod 50...I like it personally....nickel plate?...or would that be sacrilege

Oh yes, It was very interesting to shoot.....I had the TX out as well, and in comparison the 50 was a bit tinny and twangy as you would expect, but the trigger is lovely, and rested at ten yards, without touching the sights (I was grouping, not going for the bull), it performed very well, so obviously the rough handling it had suffered when I first saw it has done no harm