Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recoilless Pistol

Recoilless Pistol

Hi, this is my first post and was hoping you guys could help me with a dilemma. I recently bought a Hw45 and find it fantastic to shoot. I am really impressed with the build quality and weight. On the basis of this I was about to buy a Hw75 as a recoilless pistol. However my friend suggested the aimx grand prix which he owns. I know they have different power plants but I just wanted recoilless. As they are about the same price, which is the better pistol. I do have a s410 so have charging gear but I like the idea of having hw75 as a stable mate for the hw45 and also the fact that it is always ready to shoot. Knowing me I will probably buy both eventually but which should I buy first.

I shoot at a club 10-100m, back garden plinking 10-15m and indoor 6-10m.

I can't find any comparison online probably because it's like comparing cheese with chocolate but would be interested if anyone owns or has used both.

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    the hw75 i allways wanted one , but the price.....,.,., eek
    Getting Old

HW75 no contest or you could try either the HW40 or Gammo Compact as these do retail a lot cheaper than the HW75.

Good Luck,

Steve P

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Or the Daisy 717 or 747: but it's a handful!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I bought an HW45 3 months ago - it's beautifully made...but I can't shoot it very accurately when compared to a recoiless gun (that's putting it mildly - I am hopeless with it!).

I too wanted an HW75 but where I shoot (Lea Valley Airgun Club near Hertford - a really great club by the way) there is a monthly HW40 competition. I have just bought one and am amazed at the accuracy - a really excellent gun (and it has tru glo sights which I don't think have yet been introduced on the HW75). The HW40 might not be a classy as the HW75 but it is well worth checking out.

Cheers

Jon

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    I bought an HW45 3 months ago - it's beautifully made...but I can't shoot it very accurately when compared to a recoiless gun (that's putting it mildly - I am hopeless with it!).

I too wanted an HW75 but where I shoot (Lea Valley Airgun Club near Hertford - a really great club by the way) there is a monthly HW40 competition. I have just bought one and am amazed at the accuracy - a really excellent gun (and it has tru glo sights which I don't think have yet been introduced on the HW75). The HW40 might not be a classy as the HW75 but it is well worth checking out.

Cheers

Jon

Download this PDF -

http://www.saveourguns.com/Ar_Marks_...rain_Guide.pdf

Have a good read then work through identifying what needs working on in your stance & technique - this will really improve your results with the HW-45 and give you a lot of good habits that will improve your results with other pistols,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Stick with it dude, once you can shoot it they are brilliant. I find the best way is to shoot mine is one handed with a very loose grip, just enough to hold the pistol but not tight enough to stop the pistol reacting to the shot.

Thanks magicniner and blooregard - it's good to have some encouragment to revisit the HW45 and some useful advice on how to get the best out of it. I will give it a go.

Cheers

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Or the Daisy 717 or 747: but it's a handful!

Jim
    You haven't held an Aim-X Grand Prix, Jim!
    Basically think: cut down PCP rifle, which it is really.

Or get an FWB65 for around the same money as an HW75 but superior by far.

I own all of these guns BTW, and double-handed the HW45 is pretty accurate, well, around 1" at 10m accurate, I can't do any better with the 75 (single handed).

The 75 imho is a halfway house type affair, not a match pistol, not "just" a plinker. In particular, the grips, although they look good, are not particularly usefully shaped.

If you want to buy a gun for any specific purpose, the purpose for which one would feel that an HW75 is ideal, has not yet been invented. IMHO as always.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Recilless Pistol

The best one I have in my collection is a Baikal IZH 46M, an amazingly accurate pistol, but big bucks to purchase. If you want an accurate spring operated recoilless pistol,
    I have an Original Model 6M with the Giss system. A very accurate pistol with brilliant trigger for £130 posted Special Delivery. Has adjustable wood target grips. Can email photos if required.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    You haven't held an Aim-X Grand Prix, Jim!
    Basically think: cut down PCP rifle, which it is really.
    When I see many of these "pistols", they make me think of a rifle with the stock removed.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post

The 75 imho is a halfway house type affair, not a match pistol, not "just" a plinker. In particular, the grips, although they look good, are not particularly usefully shaped.

If you want to buy a gun for any specific purpose, the purpose for which one would feel that an HW75 is ideal, has not yet been invented. IMHO as always.
    How about, simulating shooting a service automatic like the Colt Government, but without recoil?

Jim

i recently bought a hw40. its a great little pistol. the weight is about right and it has a good trigger. at 10m its spot on. its recoiless as well. them brococks are nice for the money too.

Quote Originally Posted by laich71 View Post
    Hi, this is my first post and was hoping you guys could help me with a dilemma. I recently bought a Hw45 and find it fantastic to shoot. I am really impressed with the build quality and weight. On the basis of this I was about to buy a Hw75 as a recoilless pistol. However my friend suggested the aimx grand prix which he owns. I know they have different power plants but I just wanted recoilless. As they are about the same price, which is the better pistol. I do have a s410 so have charging gear but I like the idea of having hw75 as a stable mate for the hw45 and also the fact that it is always ready to shoot. Knowing me I will probably buy both eventually but which should I buy first.

I shoot at a club 10-100m, back garden plinking 10-15m and indoor 6-10m.

I can't find any comparison online probably because it's like comparing cheese with chocolate but would be interested if anyone owns or has used both.
    theres a falcon fn8 pistol on here for sale which will out shoot any of the others and its a good price