Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recoilless Pistol

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    I have recently taken the plunge and got a pistol to shoot the winter league with.

I had an HW40 clone for a while. Shot well enough but I just didn't like it. Alecto's seem pretty popular as well?

Originally, I went looking for a Grand Prix as they seem a good price 2nd hand. Not exactly an elegant pistol though and I am not sure just how comfortable the grip would have proved to be.

In the end, I went for a Rohm Sport. It is very comfotable and capable of excellent groups. Currently running at 3.3fpe, it will be up around 5fpe by the end of the weekend.

I have to say, I was very tempted by the Falcon in sales. Having had pics of it, it does look a tidy pistol and as long as all is ok, I didn't think it was a bad price for what it is. Quite similar to a Grand Prix.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Pistolero's

For a boinger the HW 45 is hard to beat, from 6 to 50 metres,(Tin Chickens at 50) see Magicniners post for technique,

HW 40 fitted with double screw mounts bearing a Rhino 3x32 scope firing Daystate 4.51 ammo,

Deadly accurate at 6 and 10 metres.

HW 75 is basically a harder looking HW 40,

Brocock Grand Prix open sighted is the stuff of dreams, around 5.6 ftlbs 11inch barrel 50ish shots per 200 bar fill,

Good from 0 to 50 metres quiet very accurate and has a feel good quality that leaves you absently fondling it (the gun that is)

Mine has a Brocock barrel adaptor coupled with the shorter Deben Whisper Moderator,

And Phuts! up everything in my Garden?

They are also future proofed as the rear sight wedge is removable leaving an 11mm scope rail clear for shooting glass of your choice,

Just my take of course,

Whatever you get Have A Ball

Brocock Grand Prix with red dot sight

The Brocock Grand Prix sounds good and confirms my choice from looking thro the mags. Has any one experiance of using this with a red dot sight ?. If so at what cost £.

Red Dot??

If you get a Brocock GP I would advise open sights,

But if the old blinkers are not up to snuff, may I suggest a 3x32 Rhino or similar, the reticle focus is adjustable and they make a good combo, they also suit the HW 40 as well,

I find that red dots are fine at a fixed distance but go a bit pear shaped when you shift up or down range, anybody else experience this?

A Holographic TV screen type red dot on my Allecto was accurate at most distances,

HTH, Bernard.
    Last edited by ratgunner; 11-09-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Typo

FWB 65 - owned one wish I didn't have to sell it

Just lovely to hold and shoot

Final choice

Bought the hw75 and it is very nice. I think I like the hw45 better as its more powerful but don't regret buying the hw75 just seem to be shooting the 45 more. Want a brocock atomic as would be a match power wise with hw45........this is never ending!!

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Cool try before you buy

have a try of the hw 40 a lot cheaper than the other weihrauchs and abit lighter but still the same build quality worth a look

If you get the chance a fas 604 is another option to try and well worth a go. Its a bit like the hw75 on shape and style with a little less power, but it has to have one of the best anatomical grips in my opinion.

best grip

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    If you get the chance a fas 604 is another option to try and well worth a go. Its a bit like the hw75 on shape and style with a little less power, but it has to have one of the best anatomical grips in my opinion.
    Grazy's comment about the grip is spot on - the FAS grip is the most comfortable/well fitting grip I have come across (for me at least)- the trigger is superb too.

ATB Jon

i'd like to have a brocock atomic as well. i'm thinking of selling my hw45 and my hw40 to raise the funds to buy one.

i think i'd regret getting rid of the 40 though. it has such a lovely trigger on it. and its very accurate too. think i'm gunna put the 45 up for sale in the sales section.

atomic

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    i'd like to have a brocock atomic as well. i'm thinking of selling my hw45 and my hw40 to raise the funds to buy one.

i think i'd regret getting rid of the 40 though. it has such a lovely trigger on it. and its very accurate too. think i'm gunna put the 45 up for sale in the sales section.
    Bought an atomic of the sales section. Glad i went for it over grand prix. Really is very nice piece of kit. Much nicer to hold, the weight is just right. mine came with a silencer and is so quiet, barely a wisper. matches hw45 for power, but could it replace it? not for me. i think i may sell hw75 and ratbuster if any.