Thread: The Complete Airgunner 1907 Paper Back.

The Complete Airgunner 1907 Paper Back.

The 1907 The Complete Airgunner 88 page paper back sold on the bay for £78-00
    320750987770 Item Number
    I must admit it appears to be quite an interesting little paper back.
    Was it a bargain?

Was it an original or a copy?
    Expensive for a copy that can be had for about £25, 'cheap' for an original.
    I have one and have been offered a 3 figure sum for it. One sold last year? in the USA for about $850 if I remember correctly.That's about the going rate as these are very rare and good reading I might add with some excellent pics of 'as it was',
    old adverts for reference and a pullout at the rear for the BSA air rifle.
    I am probably wrong but it may well have been the first dedicated book for airgunners which makes it rather desirable to a collector.
    Just to put it in perspective, the original selling price was 1/- in old money. There were 20 to the £, so 5p would do it!

Carl

Hi. Carl
    As far as I know it was an original addition and not a copy.

It was an original but unclear if the BSA exploded diagram was included. Even so, someone has had a true bargain. This book is a great read and as Le Frelon says, the first true book for the airgunner. Another interesting read from a similar era (1906) is the Citizen Rifleman. It includes a short section on airguns and a couple of pics. Well worth snapping up if you get the chance.

John

Hi ..

The modern reprint is fine ...If all you want is the information....

Regard's

Inprovced

[QUOTE=inproved;5109077]Hi ..

The modern reprint is fine ...If all you want is the information

Where can you get copy of the reprint?

Hi,

Found my copy about 10 months ago ...on the net..may have been from Amazon books or a related site..I think I paid about £3.99 plus potage..The Reprint was published by Hiller Airguns & Publications Second Edition 1984..Third Edition 1992 ..My Copy is a Third Edition..very good copy slight crease to front card cover...That's All..ALL in all a very good read and worth it for the Information and photo's..

Regard's

Inproved..Steve..

edbear2 Guest
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Air.../dp/0950704644

The reprint is pretty good, but does not have some of the adverts etc. that the original has......Considering John Knibbs BSA airgun book usually make between £70-120, and I think recently a copy of "The Golden Century" went for .... Over £200

Then 70 odd squids is a fair price for a 105 year old original book, and far less than I would have expected to pay.......on abe books, one guy was asking £60 for the reprint, so do check carefully when buying on line, as people put 1906 in reference to the original, but not what they are selling
    Last edited by edbear2; 05-09-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Hi. edbear2
    Thanks for the information just purchased a new reprint from Amazon for £9.95.
    As I don't collect books just wanted one to use for reference.
    Regards.