Thread: advice on air pistol

advice on air pistol

hi i am thinking for my next bit of spare cash or poss swap to get an air pistol , but aint got a clue on these so which one would you recommend please ,

want a co2 type fast fire which will shoot 6, 8, 10 pellets fast ,,,,,,,wanting something between £80-£150 and full power for hand gun

not looking to buy yet but will be looking to buy/swap/deal in the future ,its just i seen loads for sale and dont know anything about them so really want advice please thanks

Hi Madcarlos

I'm not an expert, but the guns that seem to be reccomended for IPAS (Iron plate action shooting) at my club include the S+W revolver - perhaps best with the 6 inch barrel - the colt 1911 and the CP88. I have got a beretta 92 which also seem fine - it shoots reasonably straight and the trigger doesn't feel desparately different to some of the others, and I have had no jams (except when putting in the magazine back to front - a one-off mistake!). But I don't think any of these popular reproduction CO2 guns come anywhere near the 6ft/lb power permitted for handguns - I think they are nearer 1.5 to 2 ft/lb

I seem to remember crosman or brocock do a full power CO2 pistol but it isn't rapid fire.

Sorry I don't have more info

Jon

I don't think the pistol you want exists dude, with pistols you generally just have to accept whatever power you getm certainly with a multishot. There are some examples but you tend to pay a premium for them.

With a pistol ask yourself what the most important factor is for you. Theres a pistol for every occassion within your budget but none that tick all of the boxes.

If you want full power accuracy then something like a second hand HW45 is what you want, 8 quick accurate shots then a umarex pellet gun as Jon has suggested, if you want more than 8 shots and want rapid fire a blowback BB pistols is best. All are good fun but none tick all of the boxes, but might scratch your itch until you can afford (and find) something like a Crossman 600 which does tick all fo the boxes.

about above

yes will look up the crossman 600 , and yes just for fun use really just got rid of a tempest which is not much use as to much kick , have a webley nemsis which is quite accurate but a single shot , just seem to be to many pistols about ,,,,,,,,,,

so thought i would try and get advice but yes power no probs more so for the multi-shot

but thanks anyway

The Benjamin EB22 is 5ft/lb plus CO2 pistol - its a single shot though

about above

ah thanks for that , but really a fast fire multi-type but keep them comming , atb guy

air pistol

l have a crosmans eb22 very nice solid pistol. nearly all metal.brass main tube and barrel

malc

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Look for a second-hand Smith 586 or 686 with a 6 inch barrel. Holds 10 shots.

Or for a CP 88 with a 6 inch barrel. Holds 8 shots.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone