Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther LGR Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Now that really would complete the collection for me!
    The problem is I have never seen one for sale - infact I havent even seen a Running Boar LGR to look at either, but the pictures look good!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by j_potter View Post
    i bought a beautiful lgr universal from garvin a while ago and it has become my favouite rifle. as garvin mentions though the only slight 'disappointment' on an otherwise lovely piece of engineering is the plastic cocking knob. i was thinking of maybe re-making this in ebony or black walnut. has anyone ever tried this and if so could they give me some tips?
    My LGR should be here today, so I will take a look at the plastic cocking knob and see if I can come up with a better option.

I have some "interesting" hardwood off-cuts, so I will see if anything looks good and maybe take a trip to the local wood turning club to see if I can get any tips on how to shape it.

I have Myford metal working lathes, but have never cut wood on them so this could be my first go at it if I can make the changes needed without too much hassle and find a suitable turning tool for the wood.

LGR Match has arrived!

The LGR Match arrived here this morning - a beautifull rifle that looks like it has never been used from new!

I look forward to spoiling this "unused" record as soon as possible, but I will still try to keep it looking as good as it does now!

Lgr match

EVERY TIME I SELL A RIFLE A LITTLE PART OF ME GOES WITH IT, that's how the song

goes

My Walther has gone to Zooma and he is pleased with it

I am toughening myself up to consider selling my other match rifles

Thank you Garvin for the kind comments

I will be treating myself to a double helping of Crema di Mascarpone ice cream

ATB
    Last edited by abewilson; 14-09-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    abewilson.
    ''The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens''
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Quote Originally Posted by abewilson View Post
    EVERY TIME I SELL A RIFLE A LITTLE PART OF ME GOES WITH IT, that's how the song

goes

My Walther has gone to Zooma and he is pleased with it

I am toughening myself up to consider selling my other match rifles

Thank you Garvin for the kind comments

I will be treating myself to a double helping of Crema di Mascarpone ice cream

ATB

Oh dear Abe, your comments almost brought a tear to my eye!

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!