Thread: i was expecting it to be better than this

i was expecting it to be better than this

I was really looking forward to this pistol coming out, but now i've seen the video i'm a bit disappointed - it looked better in the CGI pictures!!

the guy says mostly plastic construction and what appears to be the same loading system as a ruger superhawk (not that i've owt against them you understand)

never mind

Yep, that does look like a little bit of a let down.

Still, from what the guy says it must only be about £50-£60 in the UK so its good to have a few guns in that price range to get people interested.

I think the conversion rate to british pounds from american dollars is x2,at least

Yeah they will never be only 50-60 pounds over here

You 2 are shopping in the wrong places.

A guy on another forum said his whole front receiver bit broke off as he pulled the gun out of his holster
    Quite a disappointing gun indeed. The build quality seems terrible.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by spaspecker View Post
    I was really looking forward to this pistol coming out, but now i've seen the video i'm a bit disappointed - it looked better in the CGI pictures!!

the guy says mostly plastic construction and what appears to be the same loading system as a ruger superhawk (not that i've owt against them you understand)

never mind
    When you hear "BB's", followed by "lots of plastic": don't expect too much.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    I think the conversion rate to british pounds from american dollars is x2,at least
    When I bought pounds in May, they cost me $1.65 American dollars. I have no idea what the exchange rate is at the moment.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    You 2 are shopping in the wrong places.
    Did anyone check with Pyramyd Air?

Jim

Whilst accepting that some modern firearms (real ones) contain " composite materials", it is still not too unreasonable to expect most guns to be of metallic construction. At our level at least, it conveys an impression of solidity & reality. Air and CO2 arms have no need for plastic.

It may be put across as technology, but again, at our level, I think most of us appreciate engineering.

It may (or may not) shoot right, but if it doesn't feel right, it aint right.

Haven't seen any plastic target pistols or rifles recently.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Trouble is there's a whole world of difference between a engineered polymer (eg Glock) and some nasty piece of ABS...
    Much the same way as a lot of metal CO2 guns are in reality nasty bits of cheap die-cast Mazak and pale in comparison to the quality of something like an old Webley Senior or an early Baikal Makarov.

I wouldn't mind if they used military grade plastic like they use on glocks. The plastic on this is like toy plastic