Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunpower / Edge target rifle?

Gunpower / Edge target rifle?

Anyone come across these? Are they any good? Wonder if it would do for youngsters at my club who generally struggle with full size/weight target air rifles. Looks quite cool too which never hurts !

see http://www.gunpower.org.uk/ and then select "The Edge" from "Rifle Models"

Interesting. I'd want to see one shoot before parting with any cash though.

The main thing I'm concerned about is it says it's got a 30cm barrel, which occurs to me is very short.

An LG110 Match Light is 45cm, and an Anschutz 8001 Junior is 67cm as a barrelled action (so I'm guessing 50cm+ barrel).
    The Feinwerkbaus vary from about 42cm to 67cm.

The Edge is 40-50% shorter than many of it's rivals and shorter than many carbines. To put it into perspective, an Olympic Free Pistol also has a 30cm barrel.

That said, it's also a Walther barrel, which suggests it should be of reasonable quality.

Probably not a bad fit for small juniors, but for £700 you could pick up a second hand Anschutz, FWB or Steyr.

I'd see if you can get a demonstrator to have a play with and see:
    (a) How well it is capable of shooting (in the hands of your club's best shooter, or benchrested or something)
    (b) How your juniors like it

I may be wrong and it may be fiendishly accurate, but the short barrel is a concern for me. I appreciate that being short and light is the entire point in a gun for juniors, but I would suspect that many juniors will outgrow it quickly and be looking to move onto something heavier and longer (Anschutz/Steyr/FWB/Walther), although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    I a word - shocking - horrible trigger, sights are far too high, too light and just, well erm shocking - better off buying an s200 - there was a thread about these on here before, lots of negatives, very few postivies

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Three people I know have bought these, so I have had the opportunity to both examine and shoot this rifle. They are very consistent, they were all awful! I agree with all that The Doctor has said. The only thing I would add is that the trigger is so bad that it would be improved if operated with a lanyard. The Air Arms S200 is a much better bet, especially if you can find any with the "T" stock.

Should you still be interested in the Edge, I know where there are three secondhand ones available.

Rutty

Triggers arent near the competitions', and they're FAR to light for serious adult shooting.
    And usually, gunforce guns are hobby guns; need work before they become good.
    ATB,
    yana

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    They shoot like a plumber made them from bits he had spare in his van
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Having seen and tried one I think that's an insult to a plumber! they are truly rubbish!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

They are best converted & used as a portable pump for blowing up car tyres.

They are absolute rubbish.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Second hand edge?

Hi, anyone know of a used edge for sale, can collect, pay cash etc. thanks. J.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    They are best converted & used as a portable pump for blowing up car tyres.

They are absolute rubbish.
    I think you can get a much better tyre pump from ASDA for less than a tenner!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Humf
    Please read all the above carefully, then re read it, and then DO NOT BUY!!! These are total rubbish!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Tried one the other day, seemed ok to me for what I want from it. Hoped that as you blokes hate 'em so much, I could get one cheap So I ask again anyone selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Humf View Post
    Tried one the other day, seemed ok to me for what I want from it. Hoped that as you blokes hate 'em so much, I could get one cheap So I ask again anyone selling?
    Rutty said he knew of 3 s/h ones for sale in his reply - so contact him if you are determined to buy one.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

stock these are crap BUT with a bit of work and a few mods these are quite good, in fact i have one, and need another if there are any about . and / as there so crap there not worth hardly any money are they!

Great! Now everone wants one..
    Have sent pm to rutty but no response as yet, anyone else have one of these rubbish guns to sell?