Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: r10?

r10?

has anyone tryed long range target shooting with the r10 yet? i have done 60 yards inside which was ok but who has gone further? thanks kev

I am on it...

I am looking to try my r10 mk2 out long range as soon as I get chance I carnet see it being a problem thow with how good it groups at 50yard I was playing with it last night... I have a frend who ant that much of a shooter and he could put 10 shots threw a 2 p at 40 yard it just shows you how user friendly the r 10 is... I think I will haft be some long range shots the try and challenge it lol...

50 meters

I done 50 metres with my mk2 r-10 and bisley mags... getting a 7mm grouping from 10 shots outside
    .177 BSA R-10 Mk2
    200lb Armex Titan Camo

.22 R10 at 50yards is great fun, only shot 'items' out past that (tin cans etc) not tried it on paper.
    You own one? then give it a go, will be fun!
    Keep up the good work Mods/Admin!

Question

a mate of mine has a r-10 and he seems to be havin problems with it at 30 yards it groups well at 35 yards its allover the place and 50 i thyink its also good strange i thought it was he was filling it up to 200 bar to often and not hitting the sweet spot but he let the air run right down to 100 bar still the same i cant work it out

Quote Originally Posted by one shot drop View Post
    a mate of mine has a r-10 and he seems to be havin problems with it at 30 yards it groups well at 35 yards its allover the place and 50 i thyink its also good strange i thought it was he was filling it up to 200 bar to often and not hitting the sweet spot but he let the air run right down to 100 bar still the same i cant work it out

Get him to take it somewhere he can shoot loud and try it without the silencer and without the shroud, also try using a mates magazine, see if these things help.
    Keep up the good work Mods/Admin!

Quote Originally Posted by one shot drop View Post
    my father in law had same problem turns out it is under powered and has a 40fps spread he is now sending it to john bowkett to be blue printed
    mk2 rapid .177 cs800 stock
    Air arms pro sport .177

with the standard r-10 .22 i had, the furthest consistancy was only 80yards.

i have done 70 yards now and i once i found the aim point was a bit windy i hit a .177 jsb tin 7 out of the 10 shots i was very impressed with it still hoping to try further i have empty chicken sheds at the min and they are 250 foot long dont know how many yards it is but iim gona try it

Quote Originally Posted by kev00 View Post
    i have done 70 yards now and i once i found the aim point was a bit windy i hit a .177 jsb tin 7 out of the 10 shots i was very impressed with it still hoping to try further i have empty chicken sheds at the min and they are 250 foot long dont know how many yards it is but iim gona try it
    yep at this distance i found it started to struggle and would miss targets this size.

i might get on abit better because its .177 but its good fun when you hit a target at this range.

I have only managed to hit a coke bottle top @ 55yards with mine, never tryied past that.

I was quite inpresed with my self, hit it within 3 shots, and that was sitting on a tree root with the rifle rested on my knee.

I had mine worked on by Tench/Tweeky, off a bi-pod its pellet on pellet @ 50yards (in the right conditions that is, no wind ect)

Forgot to add mine is .22

pux146 is offline Paul is my little Pongo bitch
    At the range i visit i can hit a zeroing target with the spinner in the centre at 70yds using a bis mags .177 this is in a sheltered outside environment.

bsa r10 mk2

what is the best pellets for the bsa r10 mk2, long range and accuracy in 22???

depends on your barrel probably whichever pellet is best for normal ranges. aa field, falcon accuracy plus. jsb...