Thread: New to Pistols, info wanted on PCP with electronic trigger ? if made?

New to Pistols, info wanted on PCP with electronic trigger ? if made?

I am new to pistol shooting and want info on the possibility of purchase a 0.177 precharged pistol with electronic trigger. The fill system needs to be compatible with Daystate if possible. Does such a animal exist new or second hand ? please advise.

Hi,

There are a few 10m Match pistols with electronic triggers. The two most popular at the moment are probably the Morini 162E and the Steyr LP10E.

Neither are cheap. You are looking at £1100 upwards!

You can buy adapters from Best Fittings to make them fill via the Daystate female fill adaptor. This is what I use.

But before you rush out and buy an expensive pistol. You need to ask yourself a few questions.

I wrote this guide for club members which should help.

http://lincs-hft-club.co.uk/index.ph...o-air-pistols/

Do you intend to shoot 10m targets with it, or will it be used for other targets like pistol HFT?

There could be more suitable or less expensive pistols that fit you needs better.

HTH

Mark

Smile Great help, usefull article with good pictures

Mark
    Thanks for the help. The advice given and pictures will slow down my purchase, for good reasons.
    I will discuss the ideas in greater depth with a local club soon, Thanks again.
    Ted
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

If you're just starting out I wouldn't get too hung up having an electronic trigger.
    The 10m pistols have a minimum pull weight of 500g so you're not really going to get a lighter trigger by going electric. You may not even be able to tell the difference between a decent mechanical trigger on a 10m pistol and an electronic one.
    They also tend to run on AAA batteries and don't get plugged in to recharge like a Daystate.
    Daystate Mk4, Daystate X2 Merlyn, Weihrauch HW77k, Weihrauch HW35E, Benelli Kite

Steyr just has their new range of E pistols. Morini have had E triggers for YEARS though, making them FAR cheaper to buy (400-500 euro's sechand).
    Why do you want E trigger? They arent better than M triggers, just 'different'.
    I like my morini's, but not better than my M triggers.
    Be aware that, morini with E trigger does NOT have a cantable grip.
    Some other brands also offer E triggers, Pardini etc, for their .22LR. Dunno about air. But beware, a Pardini E trigger with problems is sent back to factory for repair!!
    ATB,
    yana

Warning Noted

The E triger on my Daystate works well and as they say "the devil you know" etc.
    Thank you for the warning re long distance repairs.