Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Mk11 Against Bsa S10

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Rapid Mk11 Against Bsa S10

My shooting partner who has a s10 now and again has a little dig at my rapid mk11,he says that for value for money you can't beat the s10 and that theobens are overpriced,and how do they justify the differ ie rapid 795 and s10 500 pounds,both reged only differ is the rapid has a walnut stock, so if you want one on the s10 extra 80 pounds,I said the quality of the rapid is abit better and a nicer looking gun but he's not having that,I 'am not knocking he's gun they both preform well in .22,now I dont the mechanical side to this long going debate so I'am asking any of you members out there your opinions on the two rifles please so that when he see's the reply maybe that might shut him up,I like theoben guns and all my rifles are theobens but I never say mines better then your ,you know things like that,but he gets he's nickers in a twist and I just let him get on with it,so any reasons as to why? thank you.

At the end of the day it's personal preference. As long as the gun suits the shooter thats all matters. But in my opinion you can throw the S10 in the skip give me a Rapid any day . I like my Mk1 and Mk2.

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

hip shooter Guest

s10 vs rapid

Havin had both 3 super 1os in all 1 x mk1 and 2 mk 2 i must admit i do like them .
    The only let down in my eyes is the mags, they can be a bit fickle aspecially in 177.
    The s10 has a far better trigger outa the box where as theoben have tried allsorts to get the trigger on the rapid right, second hand you never know what unit is gonna be on your new gun.
    Now for the rapids, i can only remark on the mk1 as ive now had 3, at the moment i have 2.
    Moving from the regged superten to an un regged mk1, just involves makin sure you dont over charge the buddy bottles.
    The gammo trigger isnt the best in the world by a long shot but, once you get used to it it works.
    Overall i would say my rapid does outshoot my s10 quite easily especially once you get over the 40 yard mark.
    I put that down to the anshutz barrel and the superb magazine.
    One of my mk1s has an ian collins reg fitted, so many shots per charge that i never bother to count, and is so quiet with the logun silencer fitted.
    To sum it up the rapid is a bit more money but worth the extra.
    I gotta say the 12 shot mag is way over priced though (48 quid)

Mk 11 Rapid? The last time I looked they were only up to Mk 2

I live in a beautiful mining hamlet called Rotherham.

Question S10/r7

Not much to choose between either really.

I agree with Kev tho, the Rapid 2, fits most people well and as a result was a better choice for me.

However Kev has hit the nail on the head really, it's what it does for you that makes the difference.

Someone gave me the best Advice ever, when I had a dose of weapon envy....

Practice and practice some more, up your game and hit more targets.

It takes time, after 3 years I'm only just getting anywhere near where I want to be.

If your mate says he likes S10's best, then outshoot him with a R7 and he will go and buy an R7....because all of a sudden he'll lose confidence in his gun and he will believe you are right!

Personally, I like the Rapid better, it was perfect from day 1, It wasnt new either, Someone had it before me, but it was unmarked.

Hated selling it, if it had been a .177, rather than .20 I'd have kept the gun and saved myself a packet too.

Rely on your kit by all means, you have got a top class gun.
    But then again, so has your friend....

Absolutely no help at all I know, but i'm practicing typing!

Paul H

Gary C Guest
    I had a Rapid and had a S10.
    Sold the Rapid and kept the S10. No difference in performance just my choice and a lot cheaper

I do not own a S10 but when I have used other club members ones the most annoying part is the magazine. Everyone of the rifles are .177 and all those that have owned them have commented that its the mag that gives the most grief.

Now if the design had been similar to the Rapid one then maybe there would not have been so many comments.

As for accuracy there is no real difference between them, but I prefer the balance and number of shots from the Rapid MK2. Especially as some days up the club I do use over half a tin.
    infensus procul vox locus procul nefas vicis
    I aimed at the right place at the wrong time.

jag Guest

Thumbs up

Like most people on this thread I too have had both,and after shooting both for some time I am firmly sticking to my rapid 17 mkII
    Build quality ,reliability and overall handling for me it's a rapid every time

i have 2 rapids, and i can honestly say that i would not trade them for anything. you are the only person who knows whats right for you.

is the s10 regulated? if it is'nt that would account for some of the difference
    WWW.NEATHMOTORCLUB.COM

YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club member

jag Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BENSPEED888
    i have 2 rapids, and i can honestly say that i would not trade them for anything. you are the only person who knows whats right for you.

is the s10 regulated? if it is'nt that would account for some of the difference
    Yes mate the S10 is regulated.

Why does everyone hate the S10 magazines? I've used them for years on my Goldstar, and now on my 'new' S10, and they're the best magazine system I've used, IMHO.
    And day by day and dauntingly, Our anger does increase. While you ruin us through ignorance,
    How can we keep our peace?

jag Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Doobin
    Why does everyone hate the S10 magazines? I've used them for years on my Goldstar, and now on my 'new' S10, and they're the best magazine system I've used, IMHO.
    NO one hates them , however you have obversely never used a rapid

Arrow

We must all remember that BSA is THE great name in British air rifle manufacture. Theoben make great rifles which they sell at big prices but have not been doing it THAT long really have they? Also the price difference can never be ignored. That being said I love the Rapid!

Disaster Guest

I found the S10 to be a bit plump compared to the Rapid

Not just heavier...but more weight hanging out on the nose. It just didn't balance as well.

As far as the magazine...don't get me started. BSA makes the worst in the industry. Whose idea was it to have you shove the pellet through that sharp edged, barely large enough hole in the steel plate? Makes it very difficult to seat pellets with wide soft skirts like JSBs. Difficult to index too. The Rapid magazine, in comparison is shear joy.

Andy.I Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    We must all remember that BSA is THE great name in British air rifle manufacture. Theoben make great rifles which they sell at big prices but have not been doing it THAT long really have they? Also the price difference can never be ignored. That being said I love the Rapid!
    BSA air rifles are no longer British, but Theoben is!