Thread: BSA Supersport

BSA Supersport

Just thought I'd put a few notes down on a new rifle.
    Due to the demise of our old plinking gun I decided to get my son a new rifle.
    We chose the BSA Supersport.
    What a cracking little gun.
    I understand its not top of the range etc, however its very nice,
    The stock is well made and looks good. The blueing is also very good, the trademark stamping in the barrel is OK, could be better but thats the only negative.
    Its a nice size and weight for my lad.
    We have put the old Simmons 4 x 32 scope on it which is not bad, zero'ed in to a reasonable standard and plinks nicely.
    Barrel break is smooth and trigger and action is fine.
    Using RWS Superdomes and Wasps which go well.
    All in all for the price a very nice rifle.

John

Hi John,Nice to hear someone who is pleased with their gun,just wondered if your supersport has a two stage trigger?

all the best,Keith

Keith,
    Thankyou and yes its nice to have pleasure from a good weapon, or a good anything!!!
    To reply about the two stage trigger, yes it does have an adjustable 2 stage trigger, perhaps not the best one I have ever used but 2 stage all the same. I would put it at more a 1 and a half!!.
    To be honest its as good as the gun is, as I said in my review the gun is great, for the price, therefore the trigger mech is great, for the price, if you get what I mean.

John

The trigger is pseudo-two stage. The first stage is simply spring resistance and does not move the sears into firing position like a true two stage unit.

Thanks for the info chaps