Thread: HW45 hold

HW45 hold

Just got myself a lovely new (to me) .177 HW45. After a plinking session this evening in the garage, the pistol seemed to prefer a fairly firm grip - contrary to all the advice I've read elsewhere. Has anyone else found this? The pistol performed beautifully otherwise, one or two dieseling shots at first but was popping extra strong mints with ease at 20 ft and tin cans at longer distances. I have the shoulder stock too so look forward to trying it with a rifle scope as a carbine.

Geco's from Uttings seem to be the best deal on pellets I've found, cheaper than Marksman's even. Anyone got any other suggestions before I place an order?

That's one fine pistol you have there. From my experience I've not found a 'bad' pellet to shoot (in 4 calibers) just stick to the same brand. If I sight-in using one brand then change to another it's not unusual to have th POI shift an inch at 30 feet.

Good luck, Phil

hw45 hold

With regards to the hold I find that a light to medium grip works fine for me, wheras a firm hold is more tiring and therefore as your hand /wrist tires your grip becomes more erratic resulting in wider grouping. The best result is always to have a CONSISTENT hold, whether light or firm.

Pete.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    +1 For Consistancy!

This is a great read for all pistol shooters -

http://www.saveourguns.com/Ar_Marks_...rain_Guide.pdf

ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Cheers guys, had another go this evening and finding it hard to put the thing down! About half way through my only tin of .177s (previously only had .22s) so think will be petting an order in for a sleeve of Gecos!