Thread: LP10 compact info needed

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..

LP10 compact info needed

Due to a shoulder problem I have freefalled though the Surrey divisions,and finding it very frustrating, considering changing to an LP10 compact,but wondered how the shorter sight distance affects accuracy,and how much lighter the pistol is compared to the standard LP10. my main problem is caused by the raising and lowering of the pistol,my Standard Pistol scores have remained consistent. With ISSF comps I am struggling to keep my hold after about 30 shots
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    Due to a shoulder problem I have freefalled though the Surrey divisions,and finding it very frustrating, considering changing to an LP10 compact,but wondered how the shorter sight distance affects accuracy,and how much lighter the pistol is compared to the standard LP10. my main problem is caused by the raising and lowering of the pistol,my Standard Pistol scores have remained consistent. With ISSF comps I am struggling to keep my hold after about 30 shots
    http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.at/inde.../lp-10-compact

"...Length of sight radius of LP 10 C is between 266 and 315 mm ..."

" LP10 ...Infinitely adjustable length of sight from 316 to 365 mm "

Could always try this though ...

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    That is sacriledge!

Tufty,

I had the same issue now got a lot worse, I went to a Steyr LP2 compact, it is lighter than the 10 compact and just as accurate. The ballance is superb and the trigger is excelent. We have several in our club mostly used by juniors and us old men, and one used by the current UK air pistol champion which he won with 570. They are also cheaper then the 10.
    I like shorts over the standards for ballance and feel and also use one (LP50e) for standard pistol, the sight base is no issue at all.
    Best regards
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    That is sacriledge!

Tufty,

I had the same issue now got a lot worse, I went to a Steyr LP2 compact, it is lighter than the 10 compact and just as accurate. The ballance is superb and the trigger is excelent. We have several in our club mostly used by juniors and us old men, and one used by the current UK air pistol champion which he won with 570. They are also cheaper then the 10.
    I like shorts over the standards for ballance and feel and also use one (LP50e) for standard pistol, the sight base is no issue at all.
    Best regards
    Robin

Sacriledge

Have told the wife what Santa can deliver...so during long winter days or nights ...I can happily plink away at these..

Just imagine, the moment you wake up, you reach down for the pistol carbine & jump out of bed , and shoot at the calendar...then make your way into the study/office, and blast a couple of of silhouettes....and make your way back to the kitchen for breakfeast !...beats going out with mates in the freezing cold to do some vermin shooting !

Nice one JG!

I would love a life style like that - what a brilliant idea!

I hope Santa is kind to you.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.