Thread: CO2 Pellet Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Silencer for CP88 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Not seen one for the 1911, not an adaptor at any rate. The CP88 competition won't take the standard adaptor as the muzzle end is sloped.
    The CP88 Competition is one of the easiest pistols to fit a silencer to, and it is also very effective in dropping the decibels. Using the allen key supplied unscrew the screw recessed inside the false end compensator and it will slide off leaving a couple of inches of barrel exposed. fit an adaptor on the barrel and screw on silencer.I bushed out a Crosman silencer for my CP88.You will have to fit a little sight into the slot left from removing the compensator, or if you want a better long sight radius fit a small post on the end of the silencer.
    Baz

Quote Originally Posted by 2schimels View Post
    The CP88 Competition is one of the easiest pistols to fit a silencer to, and it is also very effective in dropping the decibels. Using the allen key supplied unscrew the screw recessed inside the false end compensator and it will slide off leaving a couple of inches of barrel exposed. fit an adaptor on the barrel and screw on silencer.I bushed out a Crosman silencer for my CP88.You will have to fit a little sight into the slot left from removing the compensator, or if you want a better long sight radius fit a small post on the end of the silencer.
    Baz
    Ah, I was thinking if you actually left the false compensator end on it would be difficult! Out of interest, what adaptor do you use to fit onto the barrel? I'm guessing it will need to be long enough to cover the exposed barrel section fully? The "standard" adaptor I mentioned (the only one for CP88s I have seen on sale) seems unlikely to fit.

After a bit of reading around, and a fondle in shops, I have narrowed my chices down. Which of the following is likely to be most robust,reliable and user friendly without much 'fettling'.

Umarex Walther CP88
    Umarex Walther CP99
    Umarex Colt 1911A1

I think there is not much in it between the Colt and CP88?

Whilst I apprecaite comments about the S+W pistols above I think the false revolver magazine looks a little naff. I am sure they are great guns, just did not lke the look.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rich_morris View Post
    After a bit of reading around, and a fondle in shops, I have narrowed my chices down. Which of the following is likely to be most robust,reliable and user friendly without much 'fettling'.

Umarex Walther CP88
    Umarex Walther CP99
    Umarex Colt 1911A1

I think there is not much in it between the Colt and CP88?

Whilst I apprecaite comments about the S+W pistols above I think the false revolver magazine looks a little naff. I am sure they are great guns, just did not lke the look.

Cheers
    I've owned both a 1911 and CP88 and to be honest out of the two I'd stick with the CP88. The 1911 is a really nice pistol and, due to the longer barrel as standard, is probably slightly more accurate than the 4" CP88 but I just could not get on with the Colts Grip safety. This can be sorted and the Colt is very popular but if your after something that is not likely to need much fettling then CP88.

Just be aware that there have been some reports of issues with Umarex build quality on their new pistols at the moment so wherever you buy from make sure that they are happy to help you out if you do have any problems.

Exclamation Pistol

Do bear in mind that the 1911 has the best trigger of the umarex range, and that the grip safety ensures you have a consistent "hold" on the pistol a must for accurate pistol shooting imo ...mike... (it is of course a "mans" pistol )

Cybergun Witness 1911, who sells them in the UK?

Co2

My modest opinion:

Went through buying/trying quite a few of these
    CP 99 , accurate and relatively powerful , horrible heavy trigger.
    CP 88, accuracy ok, good up to 6m, nice, light trigger action.
    Didn't try the 1911, a few others but as you've narrowed your choice I won't cloud the issue.

In the end I kept the 88 in shiny black, with wood grips and a silencer which is very effective. The 4' not the comp.
    I also kept the PPK/S. It's bb, but top fun to shoot, only £95 new. Get rid of the horrible handle at the bottom of the grip and use an Allen bolt and it looks the part.

Google replica co2 collection. Fantastic info n all co2 guns, all specs etc.,

Oh yeh, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    Cybergun Witness 1911, who sells them in the UK?
    Kibworth Gunshop for £80
    They also do a superb Beretta 92 too (model name GSG92) I have both the Witness 1911 and the GSG92 and they are both as good as each other.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.