Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO2 Pellet Pistol

Co2

My modest opinion:

Went through buying/trying quite a few of these
    CP 99 , accurate and relatively powerful , horrible heavy trigger.
    CP 88, accuracy ok, good up to 6m, nice, light trigger action.
    Didn't try the 1911, a few others but as you've narrowed your choice I won't cloud the issue.

In the end I kept the 88 in shiny black, with wood grips and a silencer which is very effective. The 4' not the comp.
    I also kept the PPK/S. It's bb, but top fun to shoot, only £95 new. Get rid of the horrible handle at the bottom of the grip and use an Allen bolt and it looks the part.

Google replica co2 collection. Fantastic info n all co2 guns, all specs etc.,

Oh yeh, and have fun!

TBH I find the trigger on the CP99 fine- really quite light on S/A actually- I was surprised how accurate it was. Maybe its just the one I bought, but find it smooth. Having said that it wasn't choice #1 to get as a CO2.

Admit I haven't shot a 1911, one is on my list of "to get", but I feel the CP88 has the edge on the CP99 really. Know the Op doesn't want a S&W, but speaking personally, that is the one I would keep if I could only keep one- good accuracy and a 10 shot mag. Smooth in S/A and D/A...and very sweet with a silencer on the front

i have owned the s+w two actually, beretta,1911,and now the nickel cp88 competition with wood grips.it has a heavy long trigger pull but i can shoot this gun as well as any of the urmarex range.it has cost £270 so far,looking at the adjustable sights but the are another £40.shooting with it last night and i did shoot some impressive groups consistantly around 20mm at 6 yards.it has to be my favourite.just buy an extra 3 mags from jsr and have a blast

CP99 all the way IMO - accurate, powerful, comfortable, sturdy, fully rifled barrel, adjustable sights, dual action (pull trigger to rapid fire or cock the top slide after each shot which makes it even more accurate), and not too loud either so probably wouldn't need a silencer unless you have REALLY moany neighbours.

I am biased though, as I have 2 of them

Does the competition version of the cp88 make a big difference to the accuracy over the standard cp88?

Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    Cybergun Witness 1911, who sells them in the UK?
    Kibworth Gunshop for £80
    They also do a superb Beretta 92 too (model name GSG92) I have both the Witness 1911 and the GSG92 and they are both as good as each other.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.