Thread: crosman

crosman

firstly hello from a new member

i hope this is the correct place to ask,
    can someone reccommend suitable modifications to a standard ratcatcher ? i would
    assume the internals are similar to most crosman pistols

ATB

mrto

Quote Originally Posted by stublade View Post
    firstly hello from a new member

i hope this is the correct place to ask,
    can someone reccommend suitable modifications to a standard ratcatcher ? i would
    assume the internals are similar to most crosman pistols

ATB

Google gmac custom parts and you will find every mod' that you will ever need for a Ratcatcher.ATB.

thankyou mrto

i dropped across a site called crooked barn in the states with some nice gear on , im mainly into pistols ...umarex ect and fancied trying a ratcatcher

thanks

there are numerous amounts of mods that can be done to these and they can become addictive and costly.
    simple mods to start with would be to increase the barrel length.
    optimum length is around the 18/19".
    secondly get a power adjuster but don't bother with a stronger hammer spring, just use the original, simply because if you use a stronger hammer spring your alot more likely to end up with a co2 bulb stuck in the cylinder.
    but most of all, get yourself a proper breech as the plastic ones that come as standard are a load of pants.
    try these mods and see how you get on, but i warn you, it does become addictive.
    hope this helps a bit
    atvb
    dean

hi dean

i think one of the first mods to carry out will be a metal breech to get rid of the dreaded pro blocks

tnx

Quote Originally Posted by stublade View Post
    hi dean

i think one of the first mods to carry out will be a metal breech to get rid of the dreaded pro blocks

tnx
    Excellent idea and the best upgrade you can buy which makes any barrel band redundant and while you are in that area, fit a top seal to the transfer port(use the large o ring in a disposable ciggy lighter valve).

next is a lighter trigger spring and polished sear contact points and remove the safety especially if you are left handed.

thanks ikarma

its in bits as i speak for a bit of polishing

ATB

Quote Originally Posted by big bad bear1 View Post
    there are numerous amounts of mods that can be done to these and they can become addictive and costly.

secondly get a power adjuster but don't bother with a stronger hammer spring, just use the original, simply because if you use a stronger hammer spring your alot more likely to end up with a co2 bulb stuck in the cylinder.

dean
    Absolutely right dean! Have recently got a 2240 and have exceeded the purchase price already on mods.... addictive is the word!

Wish I'd read this yesterday as I've spent a while this morning dismantling my ratbuster to remove a well-stuck CO2 cylinder, caused by a stronger spring as you say. I'd intended to stick with the original after that little incident, and your message confirms the wisdom of that. Thanks!

trigger polished and alot smoother now .... also had a go at re-crowning the barrel