Thread: 2011 barpc summer sizzler scores

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2011 barpc summer sizzler scores

Hi all

Many thanks to all those who supported our 2011 Summer Sizzler. It's always great to see old friends and new. Thanks also to the course builders who toiled under a blazing hot sun yesterday (typical) and Dave and Ali for the stats.

I think this was our 10th anniversary but my memorys getting bad, either from old age or handling too many pellets, most of them today which were promptly wasted hitting anything other than the damned kill zones

Considering the current climate and the Midland, numbers were good and it is sincerely apprecated when people make the effort to drive many miles to support a shoot such as this or indeed any competition. The Sizzler is, we believe unique and a real test of shooters ability to both remain calm and take a shot from a position which forces the competitor out of their comfort zone at a target which has been placed with thought and cunning by the course builders and yes we do grow those bloody twigs and branches especially. Originally concieved as an 80 shoot (2 X 40 shot courses), The "Mother of all Hunters" has sensibly been reduced to a 50 shot (as above, I'm getting older) where every target is carefully positioned between 8 and 45 yards...

"apart from those that aren't" to quote Gary Cooper when he wrote an article on the Sizzler for AGW a few years back.

The "occasional" barracking makes the challenge even harder, but adds to the relaxed atmosphere at Popham we hope prevails.

So thanks to our regular supporters from Meon, North Oxon, Jonathan and Marie from the "West Country" and Andy Yates from Lea Valley.

I'm sure the above though, will allow me a special thank you to our guests from a motley collection of the Sussex clubs who provided no less than 17 elite marksmen to take on "The rest of the World" in a head to head challenge.

This was a new element to the Sizzler and one which would be wonderful to repeat. I know that the Sussex guys would like us to visit them for a return challenge match in the near future and I for one don't think we should miss this opportunity to visit not only new grounds, but some of the nicest people in our sport!

So with the thanks done and dusted, there only remains one crucial and significant item to report.

WHO WON THE CHALLENGE?

To be continued.....

Results also on our website here

Photo's
    Bob
    Last edited by Prone Shooter; 24-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975