Thread: help needed with these ospreys

help needed with these ospreys

hi guys, could anyone help me in regards to these please

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-advice-please

atvb
    dean

Ospreys

Sorry, I can't be of much help, I have no personal experience, a scout about seems that £65-£100 per rifle. I expect someone here can be more accurate.

I'd think you'd get more separating and sell easier than selling all together.

Very nice looking pieces of kit though.
    Last edited by nogsk; 27-09-2011 at 08:12 PM.

As said above they don't seem to fetch much money; I bought a tired .22 for £80 and have restored it and wouldn't expect to get much more than I paid for it. However I won't be selling it because it's stonkingly accurate with the right pellets ( RWS Hobby) and surprisingly quiet ( doing about 9.5 ft lb ).

Again echoing nogsk's comments you'll be lucky to sell a job lot. They just don't seem to have the appeal of Webley Mk 3's or Airsporters. Going by your pics I'd think condition is only fair, both are missing open sights, one has a bent cocking arm so I'd guess you'd not get more than £60/70 apiece. Also the question of whether they work reasonably well. Hopefully if you do advertise them they'll sell, I'd recommend one to any keen tinkerer/shooter.

atb torrens

As replied to your original thread:-

They seem in good condition.

They do lack sights though so that does detract from the optimum price. Anyone buying would have to factor that in and buying the original sights is not cheap.

Max asking price as seen £100. With sights - £130 - £140.
    Last edited by PaulR; 27-09-2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: revised valution

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    As replied to your original thread:-

They seem in good condition.

They do lack sights though so that does detract from the optimum price. Anyone buying would have to factor that in and buying the original sights is not cheap.

Max asking price as seen £100. With sights - £130 - £140.
    I'd say £100 is over egging the pudding a bit seeing as both have re-finished stocks and are missing the open sights.. £60-£80 would be a more realistic estimate in my opinion.
    I just tried selling mine in lovely condition with period Tasco scope, and got no takers, or even offers, at £130 asking price. I'm happy to keep hold of it for now.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.