Thread: Looking for a PCP adjustable match target Rifle

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Looking for a PCP adjustable match target Rifle

As we dispose of our old FWB 300 and Original club guns I shall be looking soon for a reasonable match PCP to replace them. Needs to be adjustable, idealy ambi or LH grips and cheek piece available. Don't want Hammerli AR20, any one got any thing we could be interested in?
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

"Reasonable" is relative to your club budget...how many you guys looking for ?

"Adjustable" - junior & adult useage ?

This one > GBP539 - UK made etc..etc...wont break the bank
    http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...et-rifle.shtml

This one > GBP 1140 - You could buy 2 of the above for 1 of these...
    http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...ml?cPath=88_27

This one > GBP780 - between both prices...Air Arms...how can this one fail to impress ?
    http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...onde-177.shtml

Maybe you can get a club discount ...worth asking the shops, if you know what quantity of guns you want.

IF, and only if, your airgun armourer / guru/ repairer & club chairman/secretary have no issues buying from the continent...you can find sweeter deals....since you will know/have experience in servicing the guns...despite being "grey" imports. (in my book, a grey import is a non issue...but It could be to others).

JG66

You may wish to read this thread before you buy one of these:

This one > GBP539 - UK made etc..etc...wont break the bank
    http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...et-rifle.shtml
    Rutty

Oh my ! I stand corrected

ignore that GunPower Edge...sounds like users were seriously disappointed with that 'rubbish'

It only leaves you option wise, with:

Air Arms ...choose your pick...
    Anschutz 8001/8002 S 2 Junior
    Walther LG300 XT, and perhaps the
    Fwb P500 or P700 in junior stock form ?

Pm sent...Thanks...Lewis...

To be homest get rid of the FWB 300 bomb prop rifles that can easi;y out shott PCP's.
    If the price in right always interested in FWB 300 for my club.

You mention 'adjustable' in your OP. Just make absolutely sure that the adjustment has absolutely no possibility of taking the gun over 12 ft/lb. If it can, then it's S.1. which I assume you don't want.

Sorry Guys
    I don't need guidance, I've seen the Edge and for any one who has'nt it is the most unbelievable rubbish!
    I'm aware of the new guns available, we are looking to get youngsters to national level so want a modern rifle. The thread was looking to see if any one had a good Match PCP target rifle second hand for sale.

Thimblehouse, we may have some still available I'll contact you by e or PM.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Hi Robin, for an excellent, second hand target rifle, you couldn't do better IMHO, then to buy a Feinwerkbau 603. This model has won more gold medals than Michael Johnson!
    The operation of this rifle is quite easy and could be handled by a ten year old if some simple procedures are applied.
    I bought one very recently and was surprised by its ease of operation and accuracy.
    However, upon stating the above, the price for a good, second hand 603 may be a little out of reach for your club to fund. Worth considering though!
    Regards, Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Thanks Eric
    Yes we have 603's as club guns along with other SSP's of the same era, yes they are fine as a starter club gun but are now 25 years out of date. Air rifle target shooting has moved on, the 600 series and the other SSP's are now not the best for modern target shooting. Techniques have changed as have match timings making it hard work to shoot full course matches at top level with the older rifles which are fine for starting and teaching but to fully advance we are looking to buy modern PCP match rifles to take our new shooters into the modern standards.
    Best regards
    Robin

Are you interested in Co2 Rifles?

Ajay

Quote Originally Posted by sniper3 View Post
    Are you interested in Co2 Rifles?

Ajay
    Not our preference for convenience as we are set up for air, but possibly, might have some beginners who can't afford air PCP's who may be interested in the latter ones if they were cheap.
    I may be interested personally in a Walther CGM for the right money.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by shootist View Post
    You mention 'adjustable' in your OP. Just make absolutely sure that the adjustment has absolutely no possibility of taking the gun over 12 ft/lb. If it can, then it's S.1. which I assume you don't want.
    I imagine Robin was referring to the stock, i.e. butt and cheekpeice are adjustable to fit the shooters position, rather than adjustable power level.

what about mpr

i have a 10mtr mprnice and light plenty of shotts per charge ambi stock and you can put spacers in the stock and the power is adjustable to abt 9ftp ideal......air arms mpr....mine is the blonde...

Thanks Tim, yes I was refereing to the adjustability of the stock, this is purely match 10 mt shooting. Why do people on this forum have a mania for power? and it is the Target and competition forum!

Thanks Bernard, not our preference I'm afraid. Good luck trying to move it.

Best regards
    Robin