Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this just the begining

is this just the begining

Hi my name is darren and after having air rifles for years, even the ones i used to take the stock off so i could hide them in the cupboard so my gun hating mum could nt find them. I have just started with a local feild target club and am getting hooked .I started by getting a set up second hand just in case it was not for me ,but straight away it was reeling me in, as i found out on a trip to the gun shop to buy some pellets and came home with a new s16.Took it to the gun club only to be told 22s are not much cop for FT as the pellet drops too much. So i thought stick to the second hand harrier, but most the others had multi shot and mine was single.A quick trip to the gun shop sorted that out as i came out a proud owner of a daystate x2 prestige what a beauty.At the range i found out it will be more accurate than i will ever be, even if loading the mag is a bit fiddly.My only problem was i have not told the missus i bought another gun as we have a wedding looming next year and spending on silly items is out.But to top it all browsing through the net i came across a rapid mk11 for sale near me, god im weak, another gun in my cupboard, feels like im at home with mum at fifteen again.
    Now the new dilema i need a new scope with high mag, does it ever stop or once you are hooked does it never stop.Is it ony me or has every one gone through this when they stared.

Welcome to the forum, look around here and you'll see it never stops.

Quote Originally Posted by nibbleyuk
    does it ever stop or once you are hooked does it never stop
    NO!
    After all that is said and done - More is said, than done!

Landswehr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nibbleyuk
    Is it ony me or has every one gone through this when they stared.
    When I stared, Mad Pierre hit me ..

Welcome aboard - you are perfectly normal!!

regards
    BC

seaton7392 Guest
    Welcome.

It never stops, generally its not compatible with married life so I would suggest that all that money you have saved for the wedding you blow on more guns!!!

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    You'll find that this is pretty much just the start of it

Just look and see how busy the sales section is,

while your at it click where it says User CP at the top and add your location, this will make it easier for people to offer assistance if needed or help if you come to buy or sell anything on here

Arrow

Mr Nibbleyuk you will find it very addictive indeed! It has all the manly virtues you see-toy collecting as well as toy using. your best bet is to find your wife a hobby such as horses and then you will never have any complaints. You will also never have any money but who cares?!
    Good shooting and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Landswehr
    When I stared, Mad Pierre hit me ..
    See ....... Now you're going to get me a reputation....
    Mon Dieu!

Landswehr Guest
    I am very sorry Mad Pierre! I didn't mean to cause offence, honest guv!

Sorry!!!!! <rolls onto back and widdles in the air>

Glad its not just me , how about if i get her into breeding rabbits then she will keep busy and ill have endless targets

Landswehr Guest
    I'd have a DNA test first if I were you mate. It's not that easy!

jag Guest

Thumbs up

welcome to the club as for your last question ''NO'' hopefully, because to be honest that is half the buzz .
    You will always be tinkering with this or that , and that is partly what makes the sport so interesting and challenging as for a scope go the whole hog (Leupold varix-III 16x50x50 with a 50 foot adapter) all you will ever want or need

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Mr Nibbleyuk you will find it very addictive indeed! It has all the manly virtues you see-toy collecting as well as toy using. your best bet is to find your wife a hobby such as horses and then you will never have any complaints. You will also never have any money but who cares?!
    Good shooting and welcome.
    My wife has horses as a hobby (helps out at the Equestrian Centre at Shopland) and still comes shooting air rifles as well - I just can't seem to shake her off no matter what hobby I take up. Perhaps if I try macrame next I might just lose her!

David

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    Engin takes life into his hands and begins to tell sorry tale...

...Ummm two years ago I finally got back int othe airgun scene with an "borrowed" (officially. Unofficially bought and hidden in the cupboard) s410.

then last year decided I needed a competition gun, although I still havent entered one. suddenly I had two gins in the house. Then last month some t*** on the site put up a Webley tracker for sale.

Three rifles.

Okay I have two in the house and the third is stored in the club but still. Maybe one day I will tell the wife about the third ine and my plans for a fourth.

Oh dear!

jag Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by engin
    Engin takes life into his hands and begins to tell sorry tale...

...Ummm two years ago I finally got back int othe airgun scene with an "borrowed" (officially. Unofficially bought and hidden in the cupboard) s410.

then last year decided I needed a competition gun, although I still havent entered one. suddenly I had two gins in the house. Then last month some t*** on the site put up a Webley tracker for sale.

Three rifles.

Okay I have two in the house and the third is stored in the club but still. Maybe one day I will tell the wife about the third ine and my plans for a fourth.

Oh dear!

God it's so true it's scary so last year I took up shotgunning as well,and the best part of it is ,is that you have to have a cabinet so know the wife doesn't know how many I have (sorry luv only a cert holder can open the cabinet ''honestly'' it's the law)