Thread: Holland&Holland 12 Bore rifled double barrel

Holland&Holland 12 Bore rifled double barrel

Any one knows about the 12 bore paradox ammo? Where the first shells paper or brass?
    The new ones are plastic. I ask because there is this guy who has an H&H 12 bore and wants some period shells.

Andries

I have the information you require on the Holland & Holland 12 bore Paradox cartridges.
    There are at least fifteen types that I know of all made by Eley London, these also have gunmakers and manufactures names on them these include Holland & Holland, E. M. Reilly, Watson Bros. Old Bond Street London, Jeffery & co, Eley Gastight, Eley Ejector, Eley Kynoch, Kynoch Nobel. to mention just a few.
    The cases come in coiled brass, coiled brass paper lined, drawn brass, paper lined copper tube, two piece brass case with paper lining, etc, etc.
    If you want scanned information on them e-mail me and I will send it to you.

Fronteria,

I tried to Email you but you closed it ? my computer says privacy?
    The owner of the gun lives overseas and would like to have some original H&H stamped shells.It is interresting to see that there are so many types of the shells.

Andries

Hi.Andries
    I have sent a PM asking that you PM your e-mail address to me, once I have it I will send you all the information and photographs of the head stamps, cartridges, bullets and reloading tools that should have been in the case of the paradox double rifle when Holland & Holland originally supplied the gun.
    They also made these guns and cartridges in 4 bore, 8 bore & 10 bore.
    Most of these will loosen the fillings in your teeth when you fire them, I don't recommend that you try and fire these in the prone position (standing only) I have seen it done once and it took quite sometime for him to recover and the bruises to fade enough so he could use another gun without too much pain.