Thread: hammerli modification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hammerli modification

has anyone cut the shroud back to fit an air stripper or mod on a hammerli ar20 ? how did it turn out ? was it worth it ? any pictures of finished gun ?

Ar20

I just use mine for bench rest because of the weight but I found that my POI changed depending on how I rested the gun so I removed most of the shield and left a small section at the end of the rail. This was then opened up with a dremel to float the barrel and left some protection against bending. This fixed the problem with mine and improved groups. It also allows for a slip on adapter or in my case an air stripper. I do not currently have any pictures I can post but if you search you should see other who have done the same.

thanks, tightening the groups is what I am trying to achieve, I think I will cut it back far enough toallow an air stripper and see how it goes, I can always float the barrel at a later date if the stripper on its own is not enough.

Ar20

If that is all you want to do then you can get an adapter that fits inside the shroud and butts up against the barrel. The trouble is it did not help mine because of the way the complete shroud is fixed it allows it to flex and move the barrel.

Ar20

Before shroud was chopped....

thanks for the pictures, I still think chopping the shroud is the best way, roughly how much room is there between the barrel and the air tube once its been cut away,