Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Which ones you get smallholder and where from ?
    from the bay chequered wood £19 posted

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The new KWC co2 4.5 steel bb pistol is on You Tube in Polish ?
    Should cause just as much of a stir as the Witness has.
    Shows up the Umarex for the fatty it is as again bang on the real steel.
    Link?

My RFD says the Beretta 92fs from the Witness stable is now available in the UK and he should have a couple next week.
    Im not convinced- but I have seen the KWC brochure with one in the same section as the Witness.
    We shall see!

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    My RFD says the Beretta 92fs from the Witness stable is now available in the UK and he should have a couple next week.
    Im not convinced- but I have seen the KWC brochure with one in the same section as the Witness.
    We shall see!
    i seen it , imo i think the 1911 is much better , but thats just me i spose .
    the only other pistol i would like now is a faithfull copy blowback Glock .
    come on cybergun get yer finger out
    Getting Old

Kwc beretta (kmb)

Quote Originally Posted by m4drx View Post
    Link?
    Do not use the reference 92fs or you will keep tracking the wrong pistol. Its designation is KMB-15AXKS. This gunis available in Russia, South Africa and a few other countries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kowo7xofnt4

Much as I like the look of the Tanfoglio 1911 the thing that still bothers me is the fact that they only take steel bbs I can put up with the plastic airsoft ones bouncing back at me but I do not like the idea of steel ones doing it.

I was just wondering if anyone has adaped a Tanfoglio 1911 to shoot lead bbs another thing that surprises me is that someone has not cum up with bbs that deform when they hit the target like lead ones do from my experience the main problem with lead bbs is that unlike the steel ones that are all the same size the lead one tend to very slightly in size thus jamming the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    Much as I like the look of the Tanfoglio 1911 the thing that still bothers me is the fact that they only take steel bbs I can put up with the plastic airsoft ones bouncing back at me but I do not like the idea of steel ones doing it.

I was just wondering if anyone has adaped a Tanfoglio 1911 to shoot lead bbs another thing that surprises me is that someone has not cum up with bbs that deform when they hit the target like lead ones do from my experience the main problem with lead bbs is that unlike the steel ones that are all the same size the lead one tend to very slightly in size thus jamming the gun.
    H&N coated lead balls work perfectly. Ive fired hundreds through my 3 mags without a jam or misfire. The ones available from Protek are 4.4mm.

I have a small quantity of 4.5mm on order to see what theyre like

I wouldnt try Gammo lead balls though as I have had bad experiences with these in the past - size and shape is too variable causing all sorts of problems
    Last edited by Ian; 23-10-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Does the Witness have a rifled barrel?

I think there used to be a law once that said you could have a semi-auto pistol with a smooth bore, but a rifled barrel semi-auto was not allowed.

Hence the usual semi-auto lookalikes being actually revolvers.

Is this still the case?

Not if you ask me

The Home Office regard self-loading or pump action rifled airguns (including paintball guns) as outside the scope of the Firearms Act, unless they are sufficiently powerful to fall within the category of a "specially dangerous" air weapon (Archbold 24.8a). Paintball guns could be considered imitation firearms.
    http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/firearms/#a02

But you have to make up your own mind.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Hutchinson View Post
    H&N coated lead balls work perfectly. Ive fired hundreds through my 3 mags without a jam or misfire. The ones available from Protek are 4.4mm.

I have a small quantity of 4.5mm on order to see what theyre like

I wouldnt try Gammo lead balls though as I have had bad experiences with these in the past - size and shape is too variable causing all sorts of problems
    That is good news I have herd people talking about them but assumed that they would be like the Gammo ones that used to keep on gaming my guns up so it looks like I will be getting a 1911 when I can find a place to get one I would still be interested to hear is anyone has tried putting a rifled barrel in one with some good lead balls that sounds like a good combination to me.

Mine seems more accurate with steel BBs in comparison to the 4.4 H&N's - hence why I am so keen to try the 4.5's

Quote Originally Posted by smallholder1 View Post
    Mine is not stamped KWC ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

We shall see!
    its been out for a few weeks now ....read back

manchester airguns has them in

IS this the GSG 92 or a newer one? The GSG has been out for about a year now.