Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio Witness 1911

Quote Originally Posted by 2schimels View Post
    Hi PhobusC..l , dont think this gun is in UK,have a look at the KWC website which has a short video of strip down. Like Witness good copy of real steel.

It is the KG15 AXL model..... SA BAZ

http://www.kwcgun.com/index.asp?au_id=27&sub_id=42
    your thinkings wrong

try manchester airguns its here now ..

KG15-AX model Beretta

Whitevanman, sorry for my lack of faith, but I will only believe it when I see one or someone buys one and posts a strip down photo.Local RFD tried to get, ended up with wrong ones twice.I have seen a few different models lately and not one is made after the Witness type finish. There are quite a few 92F copies out there. Myself, I do not like the Beretta design, we had them in South Africa made under licence, it is like carrying a ships anchor around on your hip, very bulky. Prefer Sig 225, Smith model 39, wish someone would make a copy of these with correct design and weight, not like the RWS or Hammerli 225 copy.

Regards, Baz

Lets be nice and say that it is not available in Southern England yet.
    You should all be able to post loads of North South jokes now.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I have the 92,
    It's the same packaging down to the colour & type of expanded foam box inner and the same box of bbs as the Witness.
    Internal onstruction is the same style with front & rear sections of the rails in the frame & a drop-in cartridge carrying the mechanism and with the major centre section of the rails
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I'm a believer!

As its you Nick I will have to concede. Out of curiosity, what is the model number on the box ? How many bb capacity? Some say 30 others say 39 !

Regards, Baz

Im not so sure.
    On UBC Nick says he has bought a Cybergun 92.
    Which makes it a GSG as per mine.
    Not the elusive KWC.
    Over to you Nick.

OK then!

I have been following this thread section concerning the 92 'virtually' around the world for a while now.

Evidence from a variety of sources, including KWC's site and Youtube suggests the following:

The KG15 model that we identify as a '92' is sold into various markets under different badges according to local licensing and 'saleability'.

All the following are available in CO2 4.5mm BB manufactured by KWC.

1. Completely unbranded as far as 'real steel' markings are concerned.
    2. Taurus PT99 markings.
    3. Beretta markings.
    4. GSG 92 markings - German Sport Guns licensed copy.

The problem that we have, is that we can watch Youtube videos from across the globe, and see all four of the variants that I have identified, in action.

I suspect (strongly that 1-4 above are all the same apart from finish and markings, though there is mention of a small mechanical variation, call it 2a, that allows full auto operation.

-Rob

Making sense

Rob, this is a starting to make sense, I have been looking for the one as seen in this video from KWC with the grey-green parkerised finish look. This gun looks more realistic than the shiny black finish. Nick, what finish has your 92 got ?

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...5axl-video.jpg

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by 2schimels View Post
    Nick, what finish has your 92 got ?
    It's a semi-matt black - very Gunny! , it is the GSG 92 - the box states it's made under license by Cyber-Gun,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Strange marketing

This has been quite interesting.Looking around the world this gun has variations in the last few digits of designation. Starts off KG15- but changes according to finish or country. The one with the finish I am looking for does not appear to be in UK. Differences also apply to the Witness, it is available overseas without the nasty writing "Tanfoglio Witness 1911" plastered on the side.Wonder what the thinking is behind all this.

Different markets different rules. The US version seams to have the safety warnings on it. Thank fully we don't have that here!
    Set Bazookoids to kill stuff and mount. We're going in!

Got

Just received mine from a member here.

He has removed the finish from the sides of the slide, but left it in satin rather than highly polished, so the logo's are just discernible - looks really good - shock! Even the good lady wife likes it!

Hogue rubber grips just ordered.

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the grip safety, but that's easily sorted.

Nice bit of kit.

Just had one delivered as a sample, great fun

My RFD says the TFW (Saves typing ) is outselling other co2 pistols 10 to 1.
    And guess what - yes the wholesale prices have gone up.
    So if and when the elusive same stable Beretta 92 turns up it aint going to be £80.
    If it is I want two.

Aardys is offline Formerly Old gun/git/ formerly oldcliff/formerly (watch this bleddy space)...
    over 5000 rounds through mine so far and still performs perfectly
    only issue so far is ,
    cock hammer ,apply safety, pull trigger to make sure safety works , then when i release the saftey the hammer falls
    so if you do touch the trigger when the safe is on , need to pull hammer back a bit again to maintain safe.
    but i spose after this amount of use , it will start to wear
    my hope is that this pistol company will release any spares we made need in the future.
    with umarex pistols you can get any single parts you need , so come on KWC.

i have a new one too so will try not to wear that one out yet ..
    also i agree with above post , looks like prices are going up a bit sharp .
    Getting Old