Thread: Walther LP2 - very nice condition - whats it worth?

Walther LP2 - very nice condition - whats it worth?

I have a really nice Walther LP2 that I am not using at this moment and wouldnt mind selling it to help fund my match air rifle project.

The pistol is very clean with no real marks that can be seen anywhere, it has its original box, instruction manual and test card.

The pistol has also been re-sealed by Laurie and it is very accurate at 10 meters.

I doubt I will ever find another one as good as this, so I am a little reluctant to part with it - but "needs must" as they say so.......

Can anyone suggest what would be a fair asking price for this very nice and tidy pistol please?

If I decide to sell the pistol I can provide some good qaulity photographs to help any potential buyer.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Well I just bought a very very nice LP3 which is a shade more desirable (more reliable) but without box or anything else nor just resealed for 131 Euros which is £113.18.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I would suggest a boxed good condition LP2 as you describe is worth at least £250, possibly more.
    Anyone who sells even a basic LP3 for £113.18 needs their bumps felt, but it gave someone an absolute bargain.
    I know some items are down in price due to the current economic climate, but good collectables, such as this, are worth keeping wherever possible if the desired price is not forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I would suggest a boxed good condition LP2 as you describe is worth at least £250, possibly more.
    Anyone who sells even a basic LP3 for £113.18 needs their bumps felt, but it gave someone an absolute bargain.
    I know some items are down in price due to the current economic climate, but good collectables, such as this, are worth keeping wherever possible if the desired price is not forthcoming.
    The price I paid is pretty much par for the course on Egun. You can get ones needing resealing for around 65 Eur, one sold for 63.99 Eur in May. I keep records of all sales and study the market beforehand. A very nice boxed LP3 went for 151 recently, and I missed a nice one with match grips but just the gun (assumed it would sell for more so did not bid) for 107.49 Eur.

The LP53 on the other hand can sell for UP TO 350 Eur if boxed complete, and in very very very nice condition (time warp condition). Guns in mediocre condition and without box/accessories can sell for a pittance compared. I have plenty of records of guns sold for around the 100 Eur mark. With missing parts, even less, as spares other than seals are probably non-existent.

In all cases the prices above are actual, real selling prices not starting prices, and sometimes the number of bids on an item can be high, Egun is very very active.

Needing bumps felt is people who don't shop around, perhaps?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Well I just bought a very very nice LP3 which is a shade more desirable (more reliable) but without box or anything else nor just resealed for 131 Euros which is £113.18.
    Looks like you have a bargain there, and you can afford to get it re-sealed and still end up with a nice LP3 at a good price.

It would have been worth a lot more to a collector if you had all the orginal packaging with matching seriel numbers etc - but it would not have shot any better!

The collector side of me finds the LP2 much more interesting and think it is getting harder to find a "minter" with all the original kit still intact than it is an LP3 in similar condition.

I have good examples of LP2 and LP3 pistols and can see the appeal of both.

I see you have a large advert for guns on each of your postings, and guess these are models you have not been able to find on eGun? I may have an Original Model 50 somewhere - I will send you a PM with the details when/if I find it.
    Last edited by zooma; 22-09-2011 at 03:33 PM.

I have boxed, and in some instances, cased examples of all the aforementioned Walther's, all purchased at least ten years or more ago, and I certainly wouldn't think of selling at those pathetic prices.
    They'd probably make more if sold as spare parts.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I see you have a large advert for guns on each of your postings, and guess these are models you have not been able to find on eGun? I may have an Original Model 50 somewhere - I will send you a PM with the details when/if I find it.
    Yup, do send (and explain to me how you managed to lose a gun...)

Well the Mod. 60 I will probably buy off Egun as they are less than common in the UK but pop up regularly on Egun very inexpensively, it's not that I have never managed to nab one but only because I have only recently been taking an in interest. Recently as in last couple of weeks... Probably running out of ideas for my next purchases! It's a terminal affliction I think!!

I just added it to my sig anyway because, well, you never know, only a couple of weeks ago I bought an FWB300SU in the UK rather than from "the fatherland" where there are always a half dozen or more available at any moment in time, and I bought a standard "S" and a 150 off there. Together with a very nice 127 Sport (FWB, not FIAT ) for all of 100 Eur.

And an RWS well as far as I know only ever sold in the UK, at least that's the story.

Hi Troubledshooter,

I feel the same - I know a very good LP3 with a re-seal has sold in its box with docs etc for over £300 recently, and the new owner is happy with it. Parts are getting scarce, so he does not have to worry for some time now.

The LP2 is an older model and there are less of them about like this - even fewer with the Laurie re-seal so it is rarer and worth a little bit more I would say.

My LP2 has all the original documentation ( matching serial numbers) and with the Laurie re-seal it is a bit more "future proof" as the piston now runs an easy to obtain "O" ring - and these are not expected to become obsolete over the next 100 years or so - so I think I will ask £325.00.

If I wanted a super LP2 like this with the work already done I would be happy to pay this for it, so I will offer it and see what happens.

If nobody wants it then I am very happy to keep it and sell something else as the supply of these continues to dry up.

I agree with Troubledshooter, these Walthers are worth plenty more than these Egun prices, which involve a certain amount of risk to the importer - in terms of transport and unknown condition etc. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about!

In any case, the Egun import door is closing fast. DHL, the carrier Germans are offered when they visit their post office - hasn't officially carried airguns internationally since July 1st (ie. with any hope of insurance being honoured in the even of loss/damage). DPD will also no longer carry airguns abroad officially.

Most Egun sellers probably aren't aware of this but when they do realise, they are bound to stop offering international shipping. It's disgraceful that goods legally held within EU countries cannot be transported easily between them, but it is what it is.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.