Thread: Sport England satisfaction survey results - 2011

Sport England satisfaction survey results - 2011

The 2011 results are out and Shooting yet again come near the top as the sport people are happy with.

Full details on the sport england site

If you download the full report for shooting then you'll need to rename it to put .pdf at the end so acrobat opens it.

I see coaching is still showing up as something we are lacking (and I agree with, I marked it low when I took part).

And a great comment from one of the 'talent pool' saying they can't practice at Lords Roberts as its always being used for social events

Worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    And a great comment from one of the 'talent pool' saying they can't practice at Lords Roberts as its always being used for social events
    Yes. Not that they'd actually want to. It's not a great training range. I mean, if you want to practice wind-reading then great, but anything to do with position or equipment setup will be masked by the circling and eddying winds.
    What the squad really needs is maybe 10 lanes both indoor and outdoor on a little private range where they can get down to serious training, not sitting in a public range between 60 other shooters trying to get some work done (or having to book out a 70 lane range to get some peace and quiet).

I would agree that it is ridiculous that the "National Shooting Centre" is not the destination of choice for the GB Squad and the talent pool, but perhaps for different reasons than those listed.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation