Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ripley Elite XL9 FAC

Rapids are like Ancient Rome-all roads lead to it!!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Rapids are great guns.

If my early mark2 had the "single shot scallopy thing" milled out of the reciever like the newer ones have now, so you could load one at a time i would still have it.

400 shots in .20 per bottle.

Anschutz trigger cartridge.

Mega!

It really was a panel pin pusher.

For a long time after owning that gun, every other air rifle felt a bit limp and flimsy.

Theoben make good guns, whether their service and parts folk are as good at making friends, seems to be another matter!

Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    Rapids are great guns.

If my early mark2 had the "single shot scallopy thing" milled out of the reciever like the newer ones have now, so you could load one at a time i would still have it.
    I agree with you and my view is that the scalloped loading port is the single biggest improvement made to the Mk 2 since it was introduced. Thankfully it is now standard across the range. Unless you have fingers like bananas it is an excellent way of loading single pellets. In my experience apart from the Weihrauch single shot loading gizmo for the HW100 all the other single loading arrangements are a waste of money. I don't include fixed loading trays like the Daystate in that criticism but all other 'add ons' are useless in my experience.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

yes the ripley is a nice air gun, but the rapid mk2 in fac is the rifle of choice for me.

I've had 3 Ripley's, an AR5s unregulated fac and 2 XL9's. Nice guns but... I already owned a .22 30ft/lb mk1 Rapid, and still do. To me this particular gun has been THE ultimate all round fac air rifle.
    Correctly set up and 'tuned', the standard trigger is perfect for the hunter. The action is modified with a quick-fill adaptor in the stock and I get over 100 very consistent shots from the 400cc bottle with a 3,200psi fill. This gun is 18 yr old now, and still the best at what it does !
    Have also had .25 fac mk1 Rapid 50ft/lb, excellent with 30g barracuda, an fac mk1 .177 and a mk2 fac .20cal, all great guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Rapids are like Ancient Rome-all roads lead to it!!!
    Totally agree, if you can't afford and Airwolf.
    Or a Steyr Hunting 5