Thread: pneumatic pistol

pneumatic pistol

I'm thinking about buying multi-stroke Alecto pistol.
    I fancy the longer barreled Ultra in .22 calibre, but not sure if it would be legal in the UK in which case would have to settle for the standard version. I already shoot a Dan Wesson in .22 and do like the larger pellet, which I find easier to handle.

Have forum members any recomendations regarding this type of pistol?
    Are there any good alternative models readily available ?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    I'm thinking about buying multi-stroke Alecto pistol.
    I fancy the longer barreled Ultra in .22 calibre, but not sure if it would be legal in the UK in which case would have to settle for the standard version. I already shoot a Dan Wesson in .22 and do like the larger pellet, which I find easier to handle.

Have forum members any recomendations regarding this type of pistol?
    Are there any good alternative models readily available ?

Ian
    Providing that it doesn't produce more than 6lbs of power it will be ok in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Providing that it doesn't produce more than 6lbs of power it will be ok in the UK
    The Zoraki /Alecto mechanism has a factory set adjustable blow-off valve buried in the heart of the works.

This is set to the limit appropriate for the gun in the target market - so unless someone is buying/importing specifically for the UK market there is a strong possibility that it would NOT be UK legal - iirc the standard ULTRA produces about 9.5 foot pounds.

its not as fancy but the weihrauch hw40 is great, not as high end as the alecto but its decent enough, its single stroke aswell, which i prefer, but thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PlymShooter View Post
    its not as fancy but the weihrauch hw40 is great, not as high end as the alecto but its decent enough, its single stroke aswell, which i prefer, but thats my opinion.
    The Alecto is single stroke too on the lower power setting, which is about the same as the HW40. But then you have option of another stroke or two for higher power.
    HW40 is a very good pistol too.

Cool alecto

Everyone has there ideal pistol, I tried to use the alecto to much pumping found it difficult after the second pump so I bought the hw 40 a lot easier to pump well pleased with it, but thats my opinion

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    Everyone has there ideal pistol, I tried to use the alecto to much pumping found it difficult after the second pump so I bought the hw 40 a lot easier to pump well pleased with it, but thats my opinion
    But the HW40 only produces (at best) the power of an Alecto at one pump
    The Alecto gives you the option of a second which makes it very practical for HFT Pistol, the third, I grant you, is not often needed or practical
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com