Thread: Diana 3x scope info please

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Diana 3x scope info please

Can anybody tell me much about these? just bought one off that site and it arrived today. The mount is a strange thing that fits the tiny Diana scope rail. The scope tube moves in the mount rather than having adjusters on the tube. There are no cross hairs in this scope and on stripping it, I cant see where any would go as the internals are plastic. Maybe there is a steel ring with the cross hairs missing? I plinked with it earlier on using it like a reflex and it actually seemed pretty accurate. It is only really for fun (OR AM I BECOMING A COLLECTOR ?) but curios for any info. Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Here's a thread from Garvin's excellent Vintage Diana forum, it has some nice photos for those like me who have never seen one of these.

It won't be long before he sees this thread and perhaps he can furnish you with an answer assuming the above is the correct article.

Someone else had the same problem... ATB
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 27-09-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Here's a thread from Garvin's excellent Vintage Diana forum, it has some nice photos for those like me who have never seen one of these.

It won't be long before he sees this thread and perhaps he can furnish you with an answer assuming the above is the correct article.

Someone else had the same problem... ATB
    Yep--looks like the one in the 3rd photo down. I cant see anywhere that the filaments were attached to as there is no metal ring. Maybe it has been stripped and lost? Anyway, apart from shooting a bit low (on a diana 23) it actually seems pretty accurate just using it like a reflex sight and getting what you are shooting at in the middle of the lens.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Yep--looks like the one in the 3rd photo down. I cant see anywhere that the filaments were attached to as there is no metal ring. Maybe it has been stripped and lost? Anyway, apart from shooting a bit low (on a diana 23) it actually seems pretty accurate just using it like a reflex sight and getting what you are shooting at in the middle of the lens.
    Hi Guy. All I know about this scope is what was in the thread kindly linked by 18Wheeler. I'll PM you Nikos's email and you can ask him how he did it.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I have one exactly the same and mine does have wires in it when ive a minute i will take it apart and see whats inside for you.
    If you recently got yours of an auction sight i presume its the one with a screw missing and came with a rifle case
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybee View Post
    I have one exactly the same and mine does have wires in it when ive a minute i will take it apart and see whats inside for you.
    If you recently got yours of an auction sight i presume its the one with a screw missing and came with a rifle case
    Jim
    Off an auction site but seems complete other than missing crosshairs/place to put them.I would be interested to see if there is anything missing. To Garvin---Thanks for the info. Other than the curiousity bit above, I may leave it as it is pretty easy to plink with.

hi i have also one of the diane x3 scopes mines got the x hairs
    its got a screw cap on both ends does yours mabe have one missing
    just dug mine out of the drawer after about 30 years is it worth anything

Quote Originally Posted by anightrains View Post
    hi i have also one of the diane x3 scopes mines got the x hairs
    its got a screw cap on both ends does yours mabe have one missing
    just dug mine out of the drawer after about 30 years is it worth anything
    Mine has both caps but just cannot see where the cross hairs went, when I stripped the scope. I paid £8 posted for mine---But it is missing the cross hairs.