Thread: rohm co2 convertion kit

rohm co2 convertion kit

Hi,
    I have a rohm twinmaster competitor PCP. Shoots very well, but some competitions are for co2 pistols only...Has anybody tried the co2 conversion kit as an alternative to the PCP? Any good?
    Thanks

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    It's alright, a little low on power as standard, but fine for paper punching and if your PCP power is OK on a standard reg you should get similar power from CO2.
    I thought about this for my Twinmaster Top, but given that it's a target pistol and that it would be unfair to put it up against a Umarex the in the CO2 Target Pistols now go in the same comp class as other PCP target pistols.
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thanks. How easy is to swap the air tank with the co2 and v.v.? Is it safe to do this often?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    You have to remove the air cylinder and the regulator - there's a locking screw in the body of the gun retaining the reg.
    The CO2 kit screws into the same hole as the regulator and seals with an O ring as the reg does, keep 'em clean and with a smear of silicone grease on the O ring (but not the threads) and you should be fine,
    Regards,
    Nick

unlocked the screw, but i struggle to unscrew the regulator, it is hard to get a grip, any hints? How many shots per canister?
    Last edited by sceip1; 18-10-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sceip1 View Post
    unlocked the screw, but i struggle to unscrew the regulator, it is hard to get a grip, any hints? How many shots per canister?
    Boa Constrictor strap wrench, or make two 3mm pins that drop in the two holes in the cylinder flush with the surface, screw onto the reg to the point just before the gas is released keeping the guage facing down. Turn it guage uppermost and the pins will drop into the reg holes far enough to turn it with the cylinder,
    Regards,
    Nick

Yes, tried both already. The strap of the wrench I bought is too thick to fit in the gap between the barrel and the reg, and the distance between the holes on the cylinder and on the reg appear to be 2-3 mm different. Thanks a lot, anyway.
    Last edited by sceip1; 19-10-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sceip1 View Post
    Yes, tried both already. The strap of the wrench I bought is too thick to fit in the gap between the barrel and the reg, and the distance between the holes on the cylinder and on the reg appear to be 2-3 mm different. Thanks a lot, anyway.
    All my cylinders holes match the reg, perhaps they've changed?
    You could to make a spanner for the reg, a bit of metal with 3 holes in it & 2 pins should be easy to make.
    Failing that remove the barrel - the locking collar only needs slacking off half a turn & then the barrel unscrews.
    When replacing it the barrel's position adjusts the mag fit,
    Regards,
    Nick