Thread: Sharp Pan Target help please

Sharp Pan Target help please

Hi All. It seems we (Batfink and I) are now proud owners of a Sharp Pan Target rifle (3P version I believe), side lever pneumatic; but we know very little about it.
    Does anyone have a manual for it that I could have a copy of, please? ... English version please although if only the Japanese version is available that might help. I am also looking for an exploded diagram of it as I like to examine such things .... (yes, sad isn't it?).

All help appreciated
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hi All. It seems we (Batfink and I) are now proud owners of a Sharp Pan Target rifle (3P version I believe), side lever pneumatic; but we know very little about it.
    Does anyone have a manual for it that I could have a copy of, please? ... English version please although if only the Japanese version is available that might help. I am also looking for an exploded diagram of it as I like to examine such things .... (yes, sad isn't it?).

All help appreciated
    Cheers, Phil
    There should be some info floating around the net about the Sharp Victory, the mechanism is the same (Like the Innova/Ace internals).
    I have a spare air chamber and other bits for the Victory, if i get time later in the week i'll dismantle and photograph it and email you some pictures.
    What can you do for me in return?........Help me source a Pan Target, i've been after one for years!
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

pantarget

I have one (the gun that is ) very good guns indeed .ihave tried to put a photo on here but dont no how to do it .
    anyway manchester airguns imported ten ibelive . maybe they could help. i would be interesed in a diagram as well

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    There should be some info floating around the net about the Sharp Victory, the mechanism is the same (Like the Innova/Ace internals).
    I have a spare air chamber and other bits for the Victory, if i get time later in the week i'll dismantle and photograph it and email you some pictures.
    What can you do for me in return?........Help me source a Pan Target, i've been after one for years!
    Hi 'Old Jud'. If we find another one I will let you know. I chrono'd this one today. I put two pumps in and achieved about 400fps. Three, four up to 8 pumps all gave the same result! So we have a problem here. I put a balloon over the muzzle and it did not inflate when pumping the cocked rifle so maybe the exhaust valve is fair. But, on the first opening stroke of the pump there was a definite hiss as air entered the compression tube ... this was absent on the other pumps and the pump handle tended to want to open on its own so I suspect that air is not sealing in the valve ... the inlet part is allowing air back to the pump head. So it will need looking at.

I have searched for a 'strip guide' for the Victory and generally drawn a blank but have found an article from Indonesia that has a few photos of the valve chamber dismantled etc. If anyone wants a copy, let me know as I have copied it to a word document ... just send me your e-mail and I will send you a copy of all I have found.

In the meantime, if anyone has any tips etc on the strip, please let me know before I get the blow torch, lump hammer and mole grips out ..... (only joking!). It looks fairly straightforward ...

Cheers, Phil