Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cometa Indian pistol repair.

Cometa Indian pistol repair.

http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/ai...-airpistol.htm
    I have come into possession of one of these.Not bad at all when working but this one has had the trigger "improved" to lighten it as they are quite heavy and had too much metal taken off.
    The result is it now won't cock at all.the part p41 coupling needs renewing to get it working again.It seems there are no parts available for these at all which in effect has made it scrap,which is poor,no,non existent backup for what was a pistol costing about £150 all in at the time.
    I don't fancy trying to make one so if anyone knows if it's at all possible to source this part I would be most appreciative.

Cometa Indian pistol repair

Looking at the sear ( part 41) if you have a dremel or if not swiss files, you can elongate the oval hole ( elongate it to the left as you look at the diagram) this will give you more sear engagement. Only elongate by about 1mm. I have done this myself to one of these pistols in the past with excellent results.
    Otherwise you can try Manchester Airguns ,who will order the part for you or John Knibbs also.

pete

Thanks.I'll have a go at that,can't do any harm as the parts useless as it is.

cometa indian pistol repairs

Let me know if you succeed.

Pete.

Alternatively if you know any engineers the missing steel could be put back with a blob of weld and filed or ground to the correct profile. This could be a backup option if flatrajectory's suggestions won't sort it. Good luck anyway.

Torrens

Well,no luck with that.It looked good but just won't hold on to the piston even after much reshaping.No luck on the parts front either.Looks like they are disposable as far as spares go.

Cometa Indian pistol repair

Manchester Air Guns or John Knibbs will obtain the parts you need from Cometa in Spain.
    They did for me, no problem.

Pete.

Can't get any response from knibbs at all.I'll try MAG tomorrow,Always had good service from them,I remember buying a BSA mercury from them in 1977 when they first opened,where's the 30 odd years gone?

Rang MAG, they said they don't have any dealings with cometa at all.Looks like the old grinder and file job if I can find a suitable bit of steel.

It all comes to he who waits.Finally got my new sear for the pistol,seems a better finish than the original and gives a nice predictable pull.I had to contact cometa in spain,they put me on to John Rothery Wholesale and they told me to get a local gun shop to order it,the same gun shop that told me they couldn't get the part earlier ordered it for me.
    So if you need any parts for cometa you have to keep on at them and you'll get there in the end.Took over 2 months but it's turned what was effectively a scrap pistol into a very usable one.

I had one of these pistols for about 2 hours.....bag a shite.....very flimsy...took it straight back to the shop for a refund

I wouldn't say that.Powerful,accurate,and looks like an air pistol to boot.Takes more than a couple of hours to appraise a pistol of any kind.What would you say is a good pistol then?

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    I wouldn't say that.Powerful,accurate,and looks like an air pistol to boot.Takes more than a couple of hours to appraise a pistol of any kind.What would you say is a good pistol then?
    Owt German

Like a HW45 maybe? Overrated,overpriced and not as well made as they appear, plus they are front heavy and damned hard to get any optics to fit properly as well as trying to look like a colt 1911 for some reason.Saying that I've had 3 over the years,excellent trigger though.So I can make a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    Like a HW45 maybe? Overrated,overpriced and not as well made as they appear, plus they are front heavy and damned hard to get any optics to fit properly as well as trying to look like a colt 1911 for some reason.Saying that I've had 3 over the years,excellent trigger though.So I can make a comparison.
    Overpriced yes and they do look pretty.....pistols are very hard to compare..if you just want a plinker a cheap springer will do....anything serious target wise PCP and that means German and loads of dollar...i still like the old Webleys but its more of a nostalgia thing they and they are really awfull to shoot....but look good