Thread: Bisley Live - anyone go?

Bisley Live - anyone go?

As per title, anyone go to Bisley this weekend? Not too far up the road from me but i still gave it the swerve as i've been "caught out" by a couple of Bisley "shows" in the past. How was this one? Gate prices looked a little steep for what was on offer and extra costs to register to try out rifles ect.

Went yesterday and rest assured, collectors have not missed out. The only vintage airgun up for disposal that I could find was a Military Pattern on the Holts stand.

Had a great chat with the muzzle loaders and was encouraged to play with some lovely old items such as flintlock pistols, Colts, a Starr and some fine wheelock rifles from the 17th Century. What craftsmanship. The rearsights showed that not much has changed in 350 years and it was a true privilege to handle these true works of art. We visited the NRA museum for the first time too and that is a real treasure trove. The museum has the most extensive sight collection that I have ever seen and I recognised some from those seen on vintage BSAs. Well recommended in my view but only open a couple of days a week, excluding weekends. We found some of the security staff very rude and other staff helpful. Still, that's another story.

John