Quote Originally Posted by engraver View Post

I know off topic sorry but ill just say this.

I had plenty of pics of my motorbike and all documentation but it still hasnt been found after it was stolen from a POLICE compound yep a police compound who wouldnt even pay me compensation without a very stressfull fight.

If your guns get stolen and recovered by police you can assume they will be worth a lot less after the Plod have handled them, couldnt believe the state of a mates guns when he got them back.

Anyhow thats another story we should all take enough precautions so they cant be stolen in the first place.
I had 1/2 dozen guitars stolen a couple of years ago and found the only one with any real value in a local 2nd hand shop. Proved it was mine through having the serial number and purchase reciept. I got it back from the police 6 months later and the neck was full of dinks, so at some point in the future i gotta strip the neck, steem all the dents out and re-finish it, oh joy....

Oh, and the shop had all the details of the bloke who sold it to them from his driving license, it took the police 6 months to go interview him, i was shocked at this as they were stolen at gunpoint.......
Didn't get charged or owt, apparently you won't get done for thieft unless you pleed guilty...

Tough on crime? My arse!