View Poll Results: Do you have the serial number of your air rifle?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • FAC/SGC holder - yes

8 15.38%
  • FAC/SGC holder - no

2 3.85%
  • Non FAC/SGC Holder - Yes

31 59.62%
  • Non FAC/SGC holder - No

11 21.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you have pictures and serial numbers of your non-FAC air rifles?

my mate as data logged his rifles using the car ones as he got some cheap cheap lol,

secretagentmole Guest
    I have got photos of my rifles and scopes, tanks, all serial numbers are logged, the guns are also in safes! Any bugger tries nicking my rifles will find one rather large and angry German Shepherd, a 46 kg gundog Labrador who can be very protective and a knee high bundle of furious teeth known as a Corgi. Plus I also have a Crosman 10 shot CO2 pistol that sleeps in a pistol box under the bed (damned gunsafes are too full to fit it in), they hopefully would not get very far!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Yes, on a spreadsheet. My parents, inlaws and brother have an electronic copy and there's a couple of hard copies securely stash away.
    I have exactly the same - a spreadsheet with full details of every one of my 48 air rifles with HQ colour photos too
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    I have got photos of my rifles and scopes, tanks, all serial numbers are logged, the guns are also in safes! Any bugger tries nicking my rifles will find one rather large and angry German Shepherd, a 46 kg gundog Labrador who can be very protective and a knee high bundle of furious teeth known as a Corgi. Plus I also have a Crosman 10 shot CO2 pistol that sleeps in a pistol box under the bed (damned gunsafes are too full to fit it in), they hopefully would not get very far!
    Bullied at school, small penis or just plain paranoid

Making waves since 1971.

Cool photo,s/serial no,s

photo all serial numbers ,marks ect on rifle/pistol to help proof of ownership, postcode beneath butt stock recoil pad, pistols secret marker pen where its not handled, ie inside co2 portal, hw45/40 type pistols beneath barrel but remember to remove if you sell and keep all reciepts safe.I do this with every thing even tools after some low life trashed my garage to go equipt to rob the local post office, even took the wifes sack trolley to carry the safe on.failed so moved futher down the north wales coast and robbed a post office there still with some of my tools

All serial no's recorded, never thought of taking photo's, good idea will be done later today.
    All my rifles are either in gun cabinets or bolted to the wall with security cables.

I also have to say, to me the choice of the 4 answers is self explanitary, I just don't see how come some people can't understand it,... bunked off school or maybe just a bit thick

Quote Originally Posted by engraver View Post

I know off topic sorry but ill just say this.

I had plenty of pics of my motorbike and all documentation but it still hasnt been found after it was stolen from a POLICE compound yep a police compound who wouldnt even pay me compensation without a very stressfull fight.

If your guns get stolen and recovered by police you can assume they will be worth a lot less after the Plod have handled them, couldnt believe the state of a mates guns when he got them back.

Anyhow thats another story we should all take enough precautions so they cant be stolen in the first place.
    I had 1/2 dozen guitars stolen a couple of years ago and found the only one with any real value in a local 2nd hand shop. Proved it was mine through having the serial number and purchase reciept. I got it back from the police 6 months later and the neck was full of dinks, so at some point in the future i gotta strip the neck, steem all the dents out and re-finish it, oh joy....

Oh, and the shop had all the details of the bloke who sold it to them from his driving license, it took the police 6 months to go interview him, i was shocked at this as they were stolen at gunpoint.......
    Didn't get charged or owt, apparently you won't get done for thieft unless you pleed guilty...

Tough on crime? My arse!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I have exactly the same - a spreadsheet with full details of every one of my 48 air rifles with HQ colour photos too
    Me too full details include cost and current values - I wouldn't want my non interested family disposing of them all for peanuts if I dropped dead tomorrow.