Thread: Air Arms EV2

Air Arms EV2

Hi All
    I have recently bought an air arms EV2 mk2 for £800 and am currently using air arms diabolo field 4.52. what is everyone else using and what pellets go well in them?
    Regards
    Alex

AA Field

The AA Field take some beating in AA PCP rifles and it is also always worth trying the same make but 4.51mm heads.

JSB make the AA Field and their own branded pellets which are very similar spec to the AA Field also go well in these barrels.

ATB John
    hold me back !!

Air Arms EV2

I use JSB Exacts in my Mk4 and they seem very good,
    but have heard Mossies go very well in these guns.

Pellets

All of the mentioned pellets are made by JSB and for FT use there is little point in looking elsewhere. Pay no attention to quoted head sizes just test until you find some that go well in your gun and then buy as many tins as you can! If you can find a 40 yard plus indoor range you can use so much the better. Don't bother weighing or looking at them - shoot them and see how they go. The pellets I just used coming second in the world FT championships were FX branded JSB Exact, they looked awful and had poor weight control but were very accurate. If there is a measurable factor that relates to accuracy with Exacts I'd say it's length, measure the overall length of the pellets and favour batches shorter than 6.18 mm, you only need to measure one pellet as length consistency is fantastic within each batch.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.