Thread: Silencing a skan r32

Silencing a skan r32

Just bought a skan r32 and find its a bit louder than i'd like does anyone have any tips on quietening it down/fitting a silencer, i am sure i have seen 1 before with a silencer fitted.

Hi Martyntin,

Could you not get the barrel 1/2" screwcut?...or have an adaptor made up to the O/D of your barrel to use a HW or other mod?...

Just picked up a MK2 Phoenix myself and I'm loving this short order can bashing lark, great fun!
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Hi Martyntin,

Could you not get the barrel 1/2" screwcut?...or have an adaptor made up to the O/D of your barrel to use a HW or other mod?...

Just picked up a MK2 Phoenix myself and I'm loving this short order can bashing lark, great fun!
    The barrel is a couple of inches down the shroud so i think it needs an adapter fiiting instead of the end plug with an 1/2unf thread on it

Sorry are you saying the end plug is 1/2 unf ? if so just screw a male silencer straight on same as an AA510.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Sorry are you saying the end plug is 1/2 unf ? if so just screw a male silencer straight on same as an AA510.
    No i mean it has an end plug in which i can take out and then i'll need a fitting the same diameter which will fit back in the shroud but with an 1/2 unf thread on it to fit a silencer to. The plug thats in there is held in by a grub screw it does not have a thread on it like a daystate adapter.

A friend of mine cut the barrel and shroud all back a few inches, and then fitted a silencer to it.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by uk litehammer View Post
    A friend of mine cut the barrel and shroud all back a few inches, and then fitted a silencer to it.
    Looking through old posts i found photos of 1 done like that and although i like the look of it being shorter i have the fitted laser at the end and dont want to cut that off.

Quote Originally Posted by martyntin View Post
    I have the fitted laser at the end and dont want to cut that off.
    Umm, yes, I see your point. Shame.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Leupy might do them

Its a problem I had,but I took the measurments down to a machine shop and they knocked me 2 up for me
    but there should be plenty on here who do them ?

JASON..
    lots of takedowns

Skan adaptor

I had a female adaptor made up which slides down into the shroud. The grub screw holds it in place. Added a male adaptor to the HW and it works well.

NB the barrel does not meet the adaptor so the pellet is flying free within the shroud before it enters the silencer so the adaptor need to be accuratly made.

I would add a picture of it but I cant see how to when replying to these posts?