Thread: Twitch Muscles - Slow and Fast.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Twitch Muscles - Slow and Fast.

I have just received the latest NSRA Rifleman magazine and read the article about exercises to help the pistol shooter.

This I am very interested in as I struggle to shoot pistol very well these days due to an old neck injury, and anything that can help me shoot anything like as well as I could before will attract my attention - but I don't understand the references to the Slow Twitch and Fast Twitch muscles.

Although it sounds like utter gibberish, the Rifleman is not noted for its comedy content and it is far too early for it to be the April 1st edition - so help please !

What are the Slow and Fast Twitch muscles?

If these are the very same muscles that can cause tremble (and sometimes minor but spontaneous index finger movement) then I am very interested in finding a way to control them and will work hard with the exercises to try and make some performance gains.

My guess is that this is something else completely - but what is it - anybody ?
    Last edited by zooma; 23-01-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.