Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
Hi Jim,

Your comments make a lot of sense to me and I can understand why the PCP rifles would be a clear advantage over the "springers" etc.

I think we will start by finding or making a good Bell Target and see what interest we get locally, and if needs be consider some sort of local handicap system , or just have a different class for the top notch match rifles maybe.

Has anyone already got a handicap system in place to "even out" the differences in performance gains from these rifles, or even run different classes for different types of rifle etc?

...or does everyone just use what they have and look to upgrade when or if funds permit.

If everyone is in the same class no matter what rifle they use, I can imagine the satisfaction to be had by posting good results with the less expensive rifles, so maybe this alone is a good reason to just have the one class ( apart from the occasional "vintage" event now and again).
As far as I am aware no league has different classes for different rifles. As its the shooter who makes the difference and as such some competitions are often handicapped based on the shooters average score.