Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
I would like to suggest shooting 5 shots twice. On an alternate basis (one Home followed by one Away team member)
A home team member starts first and then in the second set the away team starts.
This gives a fuller event and stops shooters drifting off after their set.
This could give two possabilities.
1) An over all match score
or 2) Shoot person v person 1pt for a win 1/2 for a draw then add them all together for a final team total.

As for rifle I would agree, but in reality PCP have no advantage over springers at this short distance.
Round nose pellets are definately best.

Cosford was one hell of event remember going with my Dad who was taking part.
Thanks for the suggestions, I think the alternative shooting idea is good when we have 10 shots per shooter with only 4 in a team - do you know if this was the way the Cosford Bell Target events were shot?

I took part in the NARPA events at RAF Cosford, but in the air pistol events with my Feinwerkbau Model 65, and once with my Feinwerkbau 300S as well - but to my shame I never noticed the Bell target event - but wish I had seen it.

I think the top PCP rifles have an advantage over the "modern classics" at any distance, but the reason for not wanting them to be used in our Bell target events is to give an approving "nod" to what I consider to be the "golden age" of match air rifles that I would like to keep alive at least once a week in our Bell Target event if I can.

Not only that, a good working example of any of the 300S/LGR/LGV/Anshutz250/Mod 66 and 75 can be picked up for £200 or less (sometimes a lot less) and this is the way to encourage more to join the sport and" have a go". I know that mint examples will often cost more - but not that much more - and not enough to make them an unattractive buy.

The sight of very expensive PCP match rifles ( many costing over 3 grand new) being used at 6 yards can easilly put potential newcomers off - even if a local hot shot beats them with his break barrel springer - so I think they are better kept for the serious 10 meter work they were designed for.