Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Bell Target Shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocity View Post
    With the club HFT comp this Sunday and MPL and 10 Mtr rifle comps to shoot next week the calendar may be a little to congested for me to be able to shoot the bell next Thursday.
    Good point John - I understand.

Now we have the church hall to pay for every week we will shoot bell target every Thursday as we have to pay the rent wether we use the hall or not - thats the deal we have.

Next Thursday is the last day in January, so we will have an Individual Match that day to decide who the January Individual Bell Target Champion will be.

This could be good news for somebody if the top shots can't make it as they may not be so lucky when we hold the Individual February Competiiton ( on a more convenient day - I suggest the third Thursday of every month).

The 10 metre pistol range will also be open downstairs for anyone that would like to shoot their MPL cards on the same night, and I am sure the Rivvy lads could also shoot their MPL cards on Friday, Saturday and Sunday too as they have more shooting oportunities than RMTC each week.

.but next week looks very busy for the rifle shooters!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

The 10 metre pistol range will also be open downstairs for anyone that would like to shoot their MPL cards on the same night, and I am sure the Rivvy lads could also shoot their MPL cards on Friday, Saturday and Sunday too as they have more shooting oportunities than RMTC each week.

.but next week looks very busy for the rifle shooters!
    Rivi only meets on Weds, Thurs nights and Sunday days so they had better not be shooting any MPL cards on their own. Naughty, naughty!

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    'twas a good night last night,if not a little long,especially for the shooters that got knocked out.I think two targets is the way forward and would be very easy to run.As has been said the highlight was the visitorWhen he first came in and gave Ian his name then walked away and started limbering up and going pow pow pow,I had my doubts as to wether he should be allowed a pencil never mind a gun.But I have travelled the length and breadth of the country shooting and met some very strange characters,so Id just added him to the avoid list.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

I managed to grab some DNA from Oliver when he congratulated me with a handshake. Not sure what for, but I'll take it!

Anyway, as it turns out, it looks like he evolved from some of the fluff in Ian J's pocket; so, that answers the "where did he come from" question.

I think popping Ian in the microwave, on high for 30 seconds, should prevent another such occurrence in the future.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    I managed to grab some DNA from Oliver when he congratulated me with a handshake. Not sure what for, but I'll take it!

Anyway, as it turns out, it looks like he evolved from some of the fluff in Ian J's pocket; so, that answers the "where did he come from" question.

I think popping Ian in the microwave, on high for 30 seconds, should prevent another such occurrence in the future.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I wouldn't know about the fluff in the bottom of my pockets because anyone who knows me knows my hands dont reach the bottom of my pockets.
    Wasn't it Idi Amin who had a 4 seater micro wave?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

From your previous comments, and descriptions, we did think that "Oliver" was Christine at first.

This was further reinforced when you paused and had a closer look.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

MPL Series 2 - Round 1 next week.

As we enter the last week of January we also enter the shooting period for the first round of the second series of the MPL, and this will also be the first time we have used the new simplified scoring system.

I may retire from shooting in the MPL to help the rest of you improve the RMTC averages (!) - but then again - I may just stay in it to make some of you look a lot better than you really are
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.