Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bell Target Shooting.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Th Red Rob targets are very good but the plate is incorrectly marked for Bell Target as they have an extra ring.
    Yes I can see that, but we have so many RedBob targets here now both with individuals and in the clubs that we have written the rules to work with them the way they are so everyone here in East Lancs has the same target to shoot with at home or in competition.

There is so much variation in the different leagues already that I doubt this small difference in our own local leagues will make any difference to us or anyone visiting us from any of the other well established bell target leagues either - the bull is the same size - and that's the bit we are all aiming at!

Maybe that's just another part of the simple fun and attraction of bell target shooting, and I think it is great that devout supporters of their own bell target leagues defend their own individual rules and regulations so well.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Build them and they will come

I think that the target is less important then how you use it. In our club one home made target was the thing that sold to concept to the members. The bell announced a good shot no mater the final score for that shooter. Also, scoring has become a group activity carried on in good fun. These two things brings people back to the next match. Granted in a large league with many teams it might be too time consuming, but Idaho is far from other bell target clubs.

Last night we had 8 shooters and there are those who come to win, but there are those who's skill or equipment aren't up to a top score. They all line up to shoot bell target, help with the scoring and come back next month.

Ron

Not had chance to read the various rules yet, but are none magnifying red dot or holographic sights allowed?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<