Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell Target Shooting.

Most leagues 5ft from the floor do know one thats 5ft 2inch.

Standard distance is 6yds. But some leagues use 7yds which is the length of a skittle alley making it multi purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
    Hi

Five feet to the centre of the bull in our league, and seven yards ( 21 feet ) to the oche. I understand that some leagues shoot over 6 yards?

Jim
    Thanks Jim,

Five feet it will be then.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Most leagues 5ft from the floor do know one thats 5ft 2inch.

Standard distance is 6yds. But some leagues use 7yds which is the length of a skittle alley making it multi purpose.
    Thanks Thimblehouse,

I am going for five feet.

We have now bought a Mk7 and a Mk 8 bell target from redrob and look forward to getting started.

If we can get enough support we will start a local league - if not, we will have a lot of fun with some singles and pairs competition within our own members.

I am sure once we get going and people see it in action it will spread and we will get there in the end.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    I've just received a MK8 bell target from BobIts going to Rivi next week.Maybe we could get a team together and take your team on(Zooma)
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    I've just received a MK8 bell target from BobIts going to Rivi next week.Maybe we could get a team together and take your team on(Zooma)
    That sounds like a good idea - it would be great to get a local Bell Target league started!

Stay in touch - Bob.

Will do.Its going on Wednesday and we just need to do a bit of organising re.positioning so as not to upset the pistol shooterseggshells spring to mind.How many members do you think you will have in a team?
    Steve
    Home Page:

Basic Bell Target rules now available on belltarget.com

Will do.Its going on Wednesday and we just need to do a bit of organising re.positioning so as not to upset the pistol shooterseggshells spring to mind.How many members do you think you will have in a team?
    Steve
    We also have a problem regarding not upsetting anyone - but it is not the pistol shooters - most seem keen enough to give Bell Target and rifle shooting a go as soon as possible.

Our previous secretary only requested permission from the church commitee to shoot with air pistols (this is how we wanted to start the new club, with just the one discipline to start with) , and not air rifles on our church hall based cellar range.

Although not thought to be a serious problem, we do have to do things "right" so as not to offend any members of the church commitee, so we will seek official permission to shoot match air rifles and Bell Targets at the next full commitee meeting in January.

No problems are envisaged if we apply in the "corrrect and proper" manner - but if we do have problems we will look to relocate in the future to enable the club to grow and flourish.

Any problems the church committe is welcome to email me or theres the video of the BBC visiting my lot on you tube or I can always run a DVD off.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Any problems the church committe is welcome to email me or theres the video of the BBC visiting my lot on you tube or I can always run a DVD off.
    Thanks for your kind offer to help us if we need it.

I may get back to you about this later if we run into trouble, but I am hoping everything will be OK.

I would like to download a copy of your video though ( and anything else I can find to help present the case) as we are talking to an older group of church commitee members that are unaware of target shooting generally, and of course have read and heard all the bad news about the various well documented shooting tragedies that do give the totally uninformed public a poor image of "guns" generally.

We have had to overcome most of this to get to where we are now, but a little additional helpful information to show them the benefits of our shooting sport can never be a bad thing so we can continue to reassure them that not all shooting is bad.

Examples of other clubs activities, the tv news clip video, and examples of Bell Target Shooting in pubs and clubs will go a long way to convince them that this is a good safe sport that is better compared with a pub darts match than dreadful tradgedies like Dumblain.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-11-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Rivington on Wednesdays?

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Do you shoot on Wednesday nights at Rivington?

If so I would like to come over to meet you guys and see what I can learn to help our own small club.

Can you let me know how to find you ( closest landmark - that sort of thing etc) and what time would be best to arrive.

Thanks - Bob.

Hi Bob,we are open Wednesday and Thursday 6-9pm.I will pm you directions,as its a closley guarded secret
    Home Page:

Hi Bob,

Ive sent you a full club info pack which includes directions and a map from jnct 8 of the M61 motorway.
    Steve (MrFixit) couldn't find his way out of a paper bag even with his sat nav. Mind you - he did get the right days and times.

Please note: We are closed for one day this year and thats on Weds 7th Dec. (A.G.M.)

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 24-11-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Hi Bob,

Ive sent you a full club info pack which includes directions and a map from jnct 8 of the M61 motorway.
    Steve (MrFixit) couldn't find his way out of a paper bag even with his sat nav. Mind you - he did get the right days and times.

Please note: We are closed for one day this year and thats on Weds 7th Dec. (A.G.M.)

ATB
    Ian
    Thanks Ian,

I will look out for it and get across to see you all very soon.

Bob.