Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Bell Target Shooting.

Hi Bob we also shoot Bell Target with pistols at Melbourne Marksmen alongside the rifles - Some of the guys are really good with a pistol and frequently ring the bell - some more times than I do with the rifle
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
    Hi Bob we also shoot Bell Target with pistols at Melbourne Marksmen alongside the rifles - Some of the guys are really good with a pistol and frequently ring the bell - some more times than I do with the rifle
    Good News - and very impressive, thanks for the info.

I am guessing this is at 6 yards?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Good News - and very impressive, thanks for the info.

I am guessing this is at 6 yards?

Yes,standard 6 yard range,bull 5ft from floor.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

I think we should try that - it sounds like fun - but we have to get the new MPL League going first as it seems to be getting a lot of support.

Some shoot 7 yds

We are still working on shooting Bell Target locally - if we can't shoot it where we are at the moment we may have to consider moving !

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    One of our club members is attempting to make a couple of Bell Targets for us and we think this will be good fun and a nice altenative to paper punching.

We live in an area where there is no active Bell Target shooting so a bit of advice from any regular Bell Target shooters would be welcomed.

We know the target is shot at either 6 yards or 7 yards, and we think each shooter has either 5 or 6 shots - but but that is just about all the knowledge we have!

Can anyone let us have a bit more info please?

We are guessing each shooter completes their 5 or 6 shots and then the next competitor has a go?

How many times does each shooter get to take these shots in a typical match?

How many shooters are in each team?

Anything else we need to know?

Thanks in advance for any help - and if anyone has a good Bell Target we can see or copy it would help us a fair bit - even a broken one would be helpful.
    Helloo Bob

You can buy ready made bell targets complete with; Hardened steel plate, wooden cabinet and inbuilt light for the grand sum of £130 from CITY AIR WEAPONS AT SOLIHULL. Tel: 0121-742-1329.
    They only open on Thu, Fri and Sat.
    We have 2 of these at our club and they are well made and reliable.
    If you get one it would be as well to fit a steel plate on the front piece of wooden cabinet to protect it from the occasional missed shot

SORRY, JUST REALISED WHAT DATE THE ORIGINAL POST WAS....YOU MUST BE FIXED UP BY NOW??

Quote Originally Posted by Sargeant York View Post
    Helloo Bob

You can buy ready made bell targets complete with; Hardened steel plate, wooden cabinet and inbuilt light for the grand sum of £130 from CITY AIR WEAPONS AT SOLIHULL. Tel: 0121-742-1329.
    If you get one it would be as well to fit a steel plate on the front piece of wooden cabinet to protect it from the occasional missed shot

SORRY, JUST REALISED WHAT DATE THE ORIGINAL POST WAS....YOU MUST BE FIXED UP BY NOW??
    Thanks for your info.

We are using the Red Bob type of Bell Target as they are a lot less expensive and all steel...and the fact that we already had some!
    Last edited by zooma; 19-12-2012 at 04:42 PM.

I have had a few requests asking where to buy some new Bell Targets like those that we are using and have passed them to red bob ( should have been on commision).

Now we need another two for ourselves, so I am guessing I have helped to push us to the back of the que!

Not to worry red bob does a good job at a very fair price and deserves to be busy!

Another Red Devil

We had another Red Devil delivered today from our intrepid Bell Target supplier RedBob and have another on the way, so we are gearing-up for the start of our new Bell Target competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargeant York View Post
    Helloo Bob

Th Red Rob targets are very good but the plate is incorrectly marked for Bell Target as they have an extra ring.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblehouse View Post
    Th Red Rob targets are very good but the plate is incorrectly marked for Bell Target as they have an extra ring.
    Yes I can see that, but we have so many RedBob targets here now both with individuals and in the clubs that we have written the rules to work with them the way they are so everyone here in East Lancs has the same target to shoot with at home or in competition.

There is so much variation in the different leagues already that I doubt this small difference in our own local leagues will make any difference to us or anyone visiting us from any of the other well established bell target leagues either - the bull is the same size - and that's the bit we are all aiming at!

Maybe that's just another part of the simple fun and attraction of bell target shooting, and I think it is great that devout supporters of their own bell target leagues defend their own individual rules and regulations so well.

Build them and they will come

I think that the target is less important then how you use it. In our club one home made target was the thing that sold to concept to the members. The bell announced a good shot no mater the final score for that shooter. Also, scoring has become a group activity carried on in good fun. These two things brings people back to the next match. Granted in a large league with many teams it might be too time consuming, but Idaho is far from other bell target clubs.

Last night we had 8 shooters and there are those who come to win, but there are those who's skill or equipment aren't up to a top score. They all line up to shoot bell target, help with the scoring and come back next month.

Ron

Not had chance to read the various rules yet, but are none magnifying red dot or holographic sights allowed?

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    Not had chance to read the various rules yet, but are none magnifying red dot or holographic sights allowed?

Kind regards,

Phil
    Give the rules a "quick coat of looking at" so you understand what we are doing, but regarding this point we only allow open sights or dioptre sights and no other type.